Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Kandia Milton to plead guilty today.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...te=fullarticle

Kandia Milton, long-time buttboy for The Felon is heading to Federal Court this afternoon to plead guilty in the kickback scheme to sell Camp Brighton to the Chaldean Catholic Church.

Last week, The Felon's former EPU officer, Jerry Rivers also plead guilty in the same case. No word from DeDam Milton.

Former Detroit Deputy Mayor Kandia Milton is expected to plead guilty to a federal bribery conspiracy charge this afternoon, according to a spokeswoman from the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Milton was implicated last week when former Detroit police officer Jerry Rivers pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Detroit to bribery in connection with a real estate deal. Rivers told a judge he took a $50,000 bribe and split it with Milton and Milton’s younger brother DeDan Milton to ensure that the Detroit City Council approved a $3.5-million sale of Camp Brighton, city-owned land in Livingston County, to the Chaldean Catholic Church.
    Looks like we need a Corruption Mega Thread to keep track of the tightening snare around the Beast.

Thanks for the thread. I wonder who will be the first female to run to the feds to buy less time in the pokey. I wonder what little kk is thinking today. Also, let's not forget the maestro. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...te=fullarticle

Kandia Milton, long-time buttboy for The Felon is heading to Federal Court this afternoon to plead guilty in the kickback scheme to sell Camp Brighton to the Chaldean Catholic Church.

Last week, The Felon's former EPU officer, Jerry Rivers also plead guilty in the same case. No word from DeDam Milton.

Looks like we need a Corruption Mega Thread to keep track of the tightening snare around the Beast.
    Buttboy? really? that flies here?

I like this explanation for his client's actions by lawyer, Elliot Hall.

Milton’s lawyer Elliott Hall confirmed that he expects the plea to take place this afternoon, adding that his client “violated the law, but it’s a minimal violation.”

He just broke the law a little bit I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    I like this explanation for his client's actions by lawyer, Elliot Hall.

Milton’s lawyer Elliott Hall confirmed that he expects the plea to take place this afternoon, adding that his client “violated the law, but it’s a minimal violation.”

He just broke the law a little bit I guess.
    This is the first step by the defense... actually any criminal case where the accused becomes the victim.

Kandia, Isn't that a girls name?

Sounds pretty effeminate to me. I also liked how when the fat slob was in the restitution hearing that he was correcting the peeps by saying it's DAY-dan Milton, like he's part of the damn French Monarchy or something.

So I guess it is ok to be just a little bit crooked? Or cheat on your wife just once or twice..........or perjure yourself with just small, white lies?

Without all the gratuitous insults, I can say honestly that I'm glad we're starting to see justice in this matter.

He won't be the last person, either.

detroitchef Guest

Well, we're all glad you refrained from the gratitutious insults as well. You are getting much better about that. Kudos! [[polite clapping for you!)

I thought I read in one of today's newspapers that Elliot Hall is staying at his son's house in Palmer Woods. He awoke this morning to find all four tires on his car had been removed. It's so cold in the D.