Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Mcs

Default Mcs

anyone hear of someone falling inside there today?

I haven't heard anything but I was SO close to making it out there today. Wouldn't it be something if one of the domes collapsed?

gravitymachine Guest

domes? what domes?

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gravitymachine View Post
    domes? what domes?
    You know, the really cool ones somebody fell through today. Yeah, I was all like," f--- this s--- Mom, I'm going to MCS to f------g experience life. Take out your own f------g trash."
    Then, I totally walked outside and got in my car to drive to MCS, but I needed gas money and my Moms said no way. I was SOOO close. Hey, if you need a ride GM call me, but you know - ass gas or grass man!!!

AAALLLRRRIIIGGHHTTT!

Um.....what?

The ones between the Guastavino arches perhaps? No need to be an asshole, guy.

McW.... if you meant "the vaults" [[the great hall has a Roman style vaulted ceiling), I would doubt that. Ribbed stone or brick vaults are extremely strong, even in ruins... unless something came crashing thru from above...

Which is entirely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by McWalbucksNFitch View Post
    Which is entirely possible.
    A person wouldn't do it...

Parts of the vaults are supported by steel trusses where they join together. I doubt they'd break apart as well, but there's also the risk of slipping down the side into the hollow plenum spaces where they meet the wall. MCS provides plenty of opportunities for long falls, and those who do stupid careless things will take advantage of them.