Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

blksoul_x Guest

Default Multi-field dome softball complex at former Tiger Stadium site!

Not really, but I was thinking, [[dreaming) , it would be a terrific idea to have an indoor softball complex, [[sports complex), with several regulation softball fields, basketball, and hockey, in the middle of Michigan and Trumbull hosting several levels of recreation level competition. Logistically, the former stadium area is perfect. Think about it, bars and restaurants are already established in the area. Sport stores, parking, are currently available. The place could generate business seven days a week, throughout the year. Focusing on Softball in the winter, and other sports in the Summer etc., in the area. Employment, and vibrancy of the area would be promoted in the plan. Ultimately, the complex would offer a true unique destination for the millions of winter softball junkies, [[like myself). in S.E. Michigan!

Ok, now you can pinch me and wake me up!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color you love to hate!

If we can keep the flagpole why not??

It would keep the spot used for sports, add sorely needed recreational facilities.

Now all we need are a few million bucks to build it!

blksoul_x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    If we can keep the flagpole why not??

It would keep the spot used for sports, add sorely needed recreational facilities.

Now all we need are a few million bucks to build it!
    Ok, I got the first 100 on it; that is the first 100 dollars,[[smile).

We could call the complex, 'Tiger Fields'.

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color you love to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    Ok, I got the first 100 on it; that is the first 100 dollars,[[smile).

We could call the complex, 'Tiger Fields'.

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color you love to hate.
    I'll match your $100!

Good name, if ya named it Tiger Woods instead of Tiger Fields, since he needs some acts of contrition these days, maybe we can add a golf dome and have him pay for all of it!

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I'll match your $100!

Good name, if ya named it Tiger Woods instead of Tiger Fields, since he needs some acts of contrition these days, maybe we can add a golf dome and have him pay for all of it!
    Or maybe some of the multi-millionaire sports stars that are making their living here cam buy a chunk. There's probably some cash left in that OTSC slush fund, maybe you can present the idea to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Or maybe some of the multi-millionaire sports stars that are making their living here cam buy a chunk.
    Perhaps Nate Robertson, Magglio Ordonez, Dontrelle Willis, and Jeremy Bonderman with their inflated salaries could help.

Guys, guys, guys.

They tore down Tiger Stadium quickly because they HAD TO HAVE that parcel for redevelopment...

I'm sure they have 25 other redevelopment opportunities already on the table...

dharma4313 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    Ok, now you can pinch me and wake me up!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color you love to hate!
    You may be smoking, but you're smoking the good sh*t. I can see the draw. Make that roller-hockey and I'm in.

dharma_atcha!
    The color that loves to hate The BJL! [[I can't hate it, I can't even google it).

Quote Originally Posted by Khartoum View Post
    Guys, guys, guys.

They tore down Tiger Stadium quickly because they HAD TO HAVE that parcel for redevelopment...

I thought they were supposed to have a minor league team, or make it into a dog park/playground.

Quote Originally Posted by Khartoum View Post
    Guys, guys, guys.

they tore it down because it was structurally unsound, support beams with fist-size rust holes, concrete reverting to gravel

They could call it New Softball City.

Not a bad idea, but I say we have one giant parking lot!

MichMatters Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitZack View Post
    Not a bad idea, but I say we have one giant parking lot!
    You know, this got me thinking about how Comerica is about to turn ten years old next April. She's getting pretty old, and downtown could always use more parking, and Homrich and Adamo always have children to feed...jus' sayin'.