Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default FORD does it again...

Sorry, this is good news...

Ford Motor Company has snagged 1st and 2nd place in the JD Power 2009 Navigation System survey! In fact, they have 5 of the top 10 spots in the survey!

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/07/j...wns-ford-tops/

This, on top of Motor Trend's Car of the Year, excellent results in Consumer Reports reliability study and more excellent safety ratings by IIHS than any other....

More pride points for Detroit!

They've certainly been doing a few things right in Dearborn. Where's my 3-door Focus? Rb, you promised me one soon, yes?

Wow.

Ford is becoming quite the impressive company under Mullaly.

If you would have told me back in 2004 that Ford would be generating all this positive news toward the end of the decade, I would have told you that you're living two decades in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    They've certainly been doing a few things right in Dearborn. Where's my 3-door Focus? Rb, you promised me one soon, yes?
    I'm pretty sure I've seen these in front of the plant in Wayne. These are more along the lines of the sedan style body instead of the smaller model it used to be. Not sure if it is a hatchback though. However, if it is anything like my Sable, you can fold down the rear seats similar to a hatchback.

Focus comes in 2 door coupe and 4 door sedan.

Next year, the Fiesta will have a hatchback model.

2010 will be the year of Ford

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Focus comes in 2 door coupe and 4 door sedan.

Next year, the Fiesta will have a hatchback model.
    But it Europe they could still get the 3-door, and they had said they're bringing it here. Now it appears the Capri will be the global 3-Door Focus variant.

I'm reading the old book "How Detroit became the Automotive Capital" The author states that throughout history there have been over 7,000 American car manufacturers. In the last few years that number has been whittled down to three. Since the government take over of GM and Chrysler I really don't consider them independent companies anymore leaving only Ford. And I'm the proud owner of a 2009 F150, 1931 Model A tudor sedan, and a 1930 Model A roadster.

If that 7,000 includes every tinkerer that ever put wheels to a chassis and called it a car, I think there are still more than 3 car companies left in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    Wow.

Ford is becoming quite the impressive company under Mullaly.

If you would have told me back in 2004 that Ford would be generating all this positive news toward the end of the decade, I would have told you that you're living two decades in the past.
    Well Ford Jr. should get some of the credit for starting the turnaround but if I remember the reason the hired Mullaly was to get an outsider in to really do what needed to be done that way family vs business and politics would be less likely to get involved.

I'll say that that Prius does make a few wierd noises as it shuts on and off in city traffic and since I ride my bike mostly in Chicago I have to listen for a new sound on the streets, it might be TOO quiet.

More good news for Ford-

Ford Motor Company's Quick Lane[[R) Fastest-Growing Service Brand in the Industry
    Quick Lane is Fords auto service chain, working on tune ups and things like that. I didnt even know Ford had this.

Quick Lane® remains the fastest-growing service brand in the country, approaching 600 stores nationally
    Quick Lane Tire and Auto Centers on track to open 100 new stores in 2009
    Quick Lane tire and battery sales are up 7 percent and 13 percent respectively year-over-year as a result of an increase in maintenance on competitive-make vehicles
    Quick Lane expanding globally, recently opening stores in Singapore and Costa Rica, with additional stores scheduled to open in 2010
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-78974032.html

Lorax Guest

I love my 06 Jeep Commander going strong at 97,000 miles with no problems, but it's being discontinued, so Ford will be my next vehicle when this one craps out.

They stand the best chance of making it in the long run, and it makes sense to support them at this point.

I bought a Ford Flex last December. I did not want to buy a GM or Chrysler since they took government money and the pending ownership of the UAW [[since they were one of the causes of the downfall).

It turned out to be good choice. The quality has been first rate and I love the Sync system. Kudos to Ford, they did it without outside assistance.

I still would not buy one.

andybsg Guest

I like Ford products. Been very happy with mine. More power to them.

I just got a Fusion Hybrid in September after two Hyundais and a Toyota. I'm very happy with it so far.

Ford's management is making realistic, positive moves. I'll look at Ford products when I'm ready to buy my next vehicle, which will be in 2013. If by that time, Ford makes a cheap-to-operate hatchback that gets 40-plus mpg [[or is a viable electric or hybrid), I'll certainly consider it.

Ford Flex Singled Out for the 2009 'Collectible Vehicle of the Future' Award from the Friends of the National Automotive History Collection [[NAHC)
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Ford-F....html?x=0&.v=1
    Congrats to Ford on everything they've done so far.

For myself, the plan is to get a Challenger with a gas guzzling Hemi.

Fury, if you want to get a new "Plymouth", check this out.
    Mr. Norm's 'Cuda
    http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/cha.../mr-norms.html

Quote Originally Posted by MoparDan View Post
    Fury, if you want to get a new "Plymouth", check this out.
    Mr. Norm's 'Cuda
    http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/cha.../mr-norms.html
    Dan, if I could buy a new Plymouth that met my needs, I wouldn't even look at Ford. But Chrysler has pretty much alienated me forever by pandering to the Dodge crowd and killing off Plymouth.

Yes, I hold a grudge.

My parents recently took delivery of a 2010 Fusion, and have already decided it's a big improvement over their traded 2004 Taurus.

Quote Originally Posted by andybsg View Post
    I like Ford products. Been very happy with mine. More power to them.
    Me too!

Alas one of the oldest Ford nameplates on the planet, the Falcon, which has been Made In Australia for over 52 years is coming to a end, large sedans are dead in the water, just ~ 14,000 its not enough to make a return on outlay.

http://www.ford.com.au/cars/new-falc...ford+%2Bfalcon

They agreed to continue till 2016, but that would be it.

I have had 3 Falcons, each model was better and better and as good as anything else on the market, and NO to front wheel drive rubbish

Long live the Ford Falcon!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE View Post
    Me too!

Alas one of the oldest Ford nameplates on the planet, the Falcon, which has been Made In Australia for over 52 years is coming to a end, large sedans are dead in the water, just ~ 14,000 its not enough to make a return on outlay.

http://www.ford.com.au/cars/new-falc...ford+%2Bfalcon

They agreed to continue till 2016, but that would be it.

I have had 3 Falcons, each model was better and better and as good as anything else on the market, and NO to front wheel drive rubbish

Long live the Ford Falcon!

Cheers
    This is nothing more than a re-badged Focus. Also, I pulled up to what I thought was a new Kia, it was a Fusion. These new vehicles do nothing but copy designs from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    This is nothing more than a re-badged Focus.
    Not even close. The falcon is nearly 20 inches longer than the focus, the falcon is rear wheel drive and the focus is front wheel drive, and so on and so on. It shares nothing in common with the focus.

Quote Originally Posted by detmsp View Post
    Not even close. The falcon is nearly 20 inches longer than the focus, the falcon is rear wheel drive and the focus is front wheel drive, and so on and so on. It shares nothing in common with the focus.
    +1

The Blue Oval badges are the same?

He *may* need glasses? I think he has not looked and compared, nothing is similar, most Falcons have 4L 6 and 5.4 V8 fitted.

A lot of older American people who know about cars, freak out when i tell them u can still buy new Falcons [recently they stopped manufacture of the LWB Fairlane and LTD models] anyway we are sending you guys Chev SS sedans soon, imported the drivetrain from USA, assy. the Chev then export it back to USA, GM managers at work?

The Falcon would have a lot in common with the 60's Mustang, it was based on that in the beginning, not sure about now

http://www.firstsupercars.com/ford-f...oss-335-gt-fpv

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by detmsp View Post
    Ok, I admit I didn't look closer at the Falcon. It's different than the Focus, but still has similar styling. I still maintain that the new Fusion looks just like a Kia.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast