Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Help?

Default Help?

Alright, so I'm being commissioned to find old abandoned factories [[other industrial buildings, too). Problem is, I've never had to do this before, and I'm not entirely sure where to start looking, or how to know where to look to research the buildings once I find them [[I'm having a lot of trouble even finding addresses). So, I was wondering if I could get some suggestions. Any help would be incredibly appreciated [[seriously). Thanks much.

That's a little like not being able to find water in the middle of Lake Michigan.

To avoid similar snarky comments, you should list exactly what you are trying to find. An empty factory? A blown-out place, a warehouse with or without windows, a wreck? A hazzardous waste site? Your query is beyond belief in it's cluelessness.

If you're looking for a film location, you should try the Michigan Film Office and give them your specs.

You might want to start with this thread from the previous incarnation of this forum.
    http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/...tml?1166477460

Nah, just walk into the Miami and hire the guy whose head pops up when you holler Django!

You'll have a great time, and will learn the basics of wandering around abandoned buildings.

Then you'll have some addresses and hopefully some good pictures, and can get to the researching.

The background history will be more tangible then. You can see it from the ruin backwards to when it was productive.

Sometimes the contrast is too harsh to bear, the juxtaposition of emptiness versus the grand function the places were obviously designed and used for...amplified by the ghosts of those who spent most of their waking hours trading sweat and blood for a chance at bettering their lives and giving the next generation a boost to the next level.

So...are you free to say what this commission is...because some will agree you've been committed. How far away are you, and what connection do you have with our city?!

Cheers