Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    lilpup Guest

Default Anybody watching Kilpatrick's restitution hearing?

They just went to a 5 minute break after KK asked to speak to his attorney during a grilling about how some of his early post-plea housing was paid for. Turns out the Kilpatrick Civic Fund picked up some pretty large tabs for KK and his family.

detroitchef Guest

No big surprise there, he used that 'charity' pretty heavily in the past as well, when he was forced to repay some of the city issued credit card charges turns out this is the account he paid it out of. It'd be interesting to see if the charity filed reports on time, as I recall in years past they were almost as lax as the City in filing annuals. Also, I remember something about the use of campaign funds going to the charity and there being used for personal expenses, it was a major no-no. Funny how , when you look at this 'charity' all it's done to help people is help the Kilpatrick Family.

lilpup Guest

He just invoked the 5th on two questions regarding fund $$

Plastic Surgery Center of Dallas. Hmmmm. Boobs for the Missus or Lipo for this fat slob?

lilpup Guest

$127K income claimed on tax return vs $500K spent in a 12 month period? KK takes the 5th again.

Not sure, but I think they said the amount for the plastic surgery was in excess of $20 grand. One check for 15 and another for 5 or 6.

lilpup Guest

$595 at Gucci, $800 at Omaha Steaks - over $3k in "incidental" spending in a single month - must be nice being a felon in Texas

lilpup Guest

another pleading of the 5th regarding a $10K cashier's check

Send him back to jail, NOW! He'll only do more harm out on the streets.

Lying, cheating, stealing P O S

makes me wanna vomit!

I still do not understand this man and his habits one iota.

The man lost his job here in Detroit in disgrace. He got convicted of a felony, spent some time in jail, and got rode out of town on a rail for all intents & purposes. And he's still spending money like he's got an endless oil well pumping out the dollars for him. He's damn lucky that Pete Karmanos had pity [[or is it payback?) on him and gave him a job where he could earn an income to support his family. He must know that he's on the short leash at that job. I wonder how they're putting this down for his absence from work- is it a personal day? A medical leave?

His arrogance to spend on Gucci, plastic surgery, golf, his rental mansion, and Lord knows what else just shows us all how disconnected he is with the majority of us. He must think that he's got guaranteed income for the rest of his God given days; he's spending money like there's no tomorrow know darn well that he still owes restitution.

If I were in his pink gators, I'd be more worried about being frugal because I wouldn't know where my next paycheck is coming from. Has his lawyer presented him with a bill for his services yet? All of this jetting back & forth between Detroit & Texas for court appearance can't be cheap either. Where does this man think his money is coming from??

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbred View Post
    Lying, cheating, stealing P O S
    You're being far too kind to KK.

lilpup Guest

Another perjury charge in the making?

"If I were in his pink gators..."

Now that Nate Abraham don't need 'em anymo

Buy American Guest

thug KK raped and pillaged the Detroit taxpayers the entire time he was in office. He is still raping and pillaging the taxpayers now. He is cocky, has a 'tude, and thinks he's going to walk away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist. I certainly hope the Judge doesn't let him get away with it one more day!

Don't let him out of town!!
    He can obviously afford to pay more than $6,000 a month the way he's been blowing money.
    Guys been blowing smoke up the judge's keister.
    Make him pay.

BOHICA, citizens of the City of Detroit [[ bend over, here it comes again ).

Keeping the court waiting. Twenty minutes late from lunch. Classic!

...and the hearing really peaks at around 5 o'clock.

Judge Groner telling Michael Schwartz to just sit down...priceless.

Kwame's reaction to Judge Groner's request for a more substantive letter...classy. "Mr. Kilpatrick, watch your mouth. This is a courtroom."

Every day I watch this, I despise the man a little more. Is there anyone truly behind him anymore? What a cocky, arrogant ass.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wazootyman View Post
    ...and the hearing really peaks at around 5 o'clock.

Judge Groner telling Michael Schwartz to just sit down...priceless.

Kwame's reaction to Judge Groner's request for a more substantive letter...classy. "Mr. Kilpatrick, watch your mouth. This is a courtroom."

Every day I watch this, I despise the man a little more. Is there anyone truly behind him anymore? What a cocky, arrogant ass.
    Absolutely. I love the comments about the Covisint letter. Also the Compuware/Plymouth Whalers connection is curious. I wonder where that will lead.

Watched the streaming video this afternoon. Priceless! His rambling responses to "Yes" or "No" questions leave me wondering how he ever got a law degree. The man's an idiot.

I sure wish I heard what he uttered under his breath when he left the stand that made the Judge warn him as he did.

I always thought that he was the true spawn of Idi Amin.

According to the News reporter's blog, Kwame "chuckled" when he mumbled something, which led to the rebuke from the judge:

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/newsblog/index.php

Buy American Guest

I sure wish I heard what he uttered under his breath when he left the stand that made the Judge warn him as he did.[/quote]

He said something to the effect of "yeah, okay" and the judge caught it immediately. The Judge has had it with this idiot and I certainly hope he doesn't cut him more breaks. You or I would be in the slammer without question!
    Last edited by Buy American; December-07-09 at 09:13 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast