Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default DetroitYES Holiday Gathering, Wednesday, December 16

If anyone is interested in gathering at a downtown Detroit bar/restaurant to celebrate the holiday season, I'm happy to coordinate!

In looking at my own calendar, plus the schedule for the Red Wings and other downtown happenings, it looks like Wednesday, December 16 is the best available date.

I'll take suggestions for the gathering site!

Please post if you are interested in getting together.

I believe there is a Model D event that evening that may be a major conflict.

Thanks for noting the Model D event called Green Initiatives in Detroit [[http://www.modeldmedia.com/features/...cad111709.aspx) which begins at 6pm. Feel free to join us afterwards.

I'm sure I could find events of interest to DYes folks every evening between now and Christmas Eve.

The Old Miami is my suggestion. A bit biased as I work there but no doubt a good place for that sort of thing. Unfortunately it would probably be a bit to cold to use the patio/backyard.

Old Miami is a good idea, and as far as the patio goes ... maybe we'll have a heat wave.

Thanks, Django and Gnome, for the suggestion. I certainly know of the Old Miami but have never been there. How's the menu?

The Miami serves both regular and sweet BBQ potato chips. We could fire up the grill outside if someone wants to bring some burgers dogs or whatever. Ill serve as grillmaster.

We do have a bunch of menus behind the bar but their all for the local restaurants, most folks just bring their own food, or they just order a Guinness.

The Miami sounds cool. I think you would like it, Kathleen.

Stromberg2

Thanks, Stromberg2, Django, and gnome.

Now all we need is some interest in actually gathering!! Anyone?

I'd like to do it, though it will have to be closer to the date to know for sure.

Stromberg2

I would go, but I don't know anyone.

If you come, you'll meet people. That's one of the great things about meeting DYes folks in person!! You find something in common. You see them out and about at various events. You become friends!!

Sounds like fun. I have it on my calendar wherever you decide.

I would really like to go. But it just depends on my work schedule.

I'm not getting much of a sense of whether anyone can make it out Wednesday night. Maybe we're too busy preparing for the holidays?

So....would it be better to have a post-holiday gathering sometime in January?

Please let me know if you want to get together this Wednesday, December 16, or would prefer January.

Thanks.

No trees or lights in Jan.
    Last edited by Django; May-03-10 at 03:37 AM.

Thanks, Django!!!

Let's get some response to December 16th!!!!

I will be there if its still on.

I will be there if not trapped in Chicago.

Please cross post on the Discuss Detroit forum and I will stick it to the top.

LOL Django.

Thanks, Lowell.

DetroitYES Holiday Gathering
    Wednesday, December 16, 8pm

The Old Miami
    3930 Cass Ave
    between Alexandrine and Selden

See you there!!

Yeah I can make it.

I have to put in a showing with my Wed night handball league's party so I should arrive around 9. Save me some beer. Lol

Hope to see you tonight at the Old Miami!

If you are out and about attending other events or holiday gatherings, please stop by afterwards and join us there!!

Happy Holidays everybody. Even though you chose a cafe on the Westside, jjaba was unable to attend because of previous engagements.

jjaba, Far Westsider.