Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Are there any other kayakers out there?

Or any one who wants to try. I will probably go out some time this week.

lilpup Guest

It's a tad chilly yet for me.

lilpup, hit me back when you get ready.

LodgeDodger Guest

I'll tell betterhalf. I'm afraid of water, but he LOVES to kayak.

... Sweet!

LodgeDodger Guest

Raj, betterhalf isn't able to kayak this week, but he'd love to go sometime. Do you have a specific area you like to kayak? He's been looking for a group.

I usually Launch from Belle Ilse across from the yacht club, and kayak to Peche Island or just around Belle Ilse. rajdet@gmail.com is the best way to reach me.

lilpup Guest

Does anyone, kayakers or boaters, ever get harrassed for island hopping like that?

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Does anyone, kayakers or boaters, ever get harrassed for island hopping like that?
    If you anchor in Canadian Water or land on Canadian soil and you haven't called Canadian customs, The OPP could whack you with a $150 fine per person. They patrol fairly vigilently downriver.

This was the demise of the great Crystal bay gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    If you anchor in Canadian Water or land on Canadian soil and you haven't called Canadian customs, The OPP could whack you with a $150 fine per person. They patrol fairly vigilently downriver. This was the demise of the great Crystal bay gatherings.
    I personally have never had a problem there, some times I call sometimes I don’t. The only encounters I’ve have with either the Canadian Coast Guard or the Windsor Police Patrol have been pleasant. I do respect their Island and their rules when I am there. I have been stopped by the U.S. Coast Guard more than a few times, but that’s cool I know we wont be invaded or attacked by some suicide kayak bomber.