Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Fairytale stories. Find them.

I was browsing the Fabulous Ruins section again. Some appartments were demolished, in various states of disrepair or in danger. However there are those rare examples in which an entrepreneur had a vision seeing a ruin and found the finances to do something. Let me begin with two examples.

Fitst the Carola appartment building. Seeing the ruin on this site I myself even thinks maybe it was better to let this one rot and fade away. But than someone stepped up and saved this gem.

And here's what it looks like today!

And here are some interior shots! That's really a spectacular transformation!!

Another example, not far from the Carola, is the Carlton. [[Not to be confused with Carlton Appartments.) Also an eyesore on the Ruins page. Looking at the massive cracks in the frontwing and even completely missing pieces, this one is also hard to see as a viable investment. But someone saw potential.

Look at this rendering!!

Downright spectacular inside!

If you know any other examples with pictures [[before and after) post them here.

My friend lives in the Carlton. He purchased his unit, it is small but very nice. The bathroom is really bad ass, with tile walls and a jacuzzi bath. The one bummer is the location. That part of brush park is dead and dark at night, and those buildings are alone. The Carola looks pretty reasonably priced compared to what I pay for 3/4 the space in GCP.