Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Noel Night -- are ya Goin?

there is a shuttle from Nemo's in Corktown
    http://www.corktownconnection.org/?q=node/82

Absolutely!! Wouldn't miss it!! One of the best events in Detroit!!!

Love the opportunity to see so much culture, history, art, architecture, and music in one event!! It's always tough to see everything that you want to take in!!

I'll be checking out the Detroit Artists Market, Bureau of Urban Living and City Bird, the Cathedral Church of St. Paul, the Scarab Club, the Corktown Row House project @ Old Main, the exhibit at the Elaine Jacobs Gallery, the Detroit Historical Museum, and the Library.

If you get a chance, stop by the Detroit Public Library and see the Grillmaster [[aka Dave) play with Thornetta Davis in the Library Auditorium at 7:45. Get there a few minutes early...it's always an SRO crowd for Thornetta.

Enjoy!!

Oh, yes, yes...We are so going! Starting at the Cathedral and I circled all the places on the schedule that I want to get to....and then dinner...and then to the Majestic for the Handmade Detroit Show...and hopefully finish off at the Coney Island at 2 am!!! I can hardly wait!

DetroitDad Guest

We are going! I've never been to this....

Great event. West Canfield is taking a year off from our home tour [[there are only 10 houses on the block.... gets a little old after 4 years), but take a stroll down Historic West Canfield to see a street that has remained as it was 100 years ago.... Hard work by the homeowners, but a wonderful site to see on a brisk December evening.

Then get a Buzz on at TJ's, MCB, or the Bronx after shopping at Bureau and the Bird.

BEE Green.

rugbyman Guest

We'll be there, boatload of friends in tow! Thinking about trying to get in to the DPL to see Thornetta Davis, but we'll see what the crowd is like.

I,ll be at the Detroit historical museum,working Velocity and the automotive showplace.Stop by and say Hi! Dave

Heading out soon...hope to see some of you around the Cultural Center tonight!!

If anyone is planning to go downtown and you live on the westide, AVOID I-96 at all costs. they have closed the xway this weekend for road work and are forcing everyone off onto GrandRiver. The backup is to Evergreen. Take Warren or Plymouth or Ford into the City.

^Lodge is closed at 8 mile too

There are only ten Christmas songs. I've heard every one of them forty thousand times.

Sigh.

Ray1936: You haven't heard Thornetta sing Christmas songs!!! And a couple of them are her own beautifully written Christmas songs. It was an SRO crowd for her show at the Library again this year! Thanks to all who came out.

Elsewhere around the Cultural Center, things certainly were hopping!! There were good crowds in most places we checked out. Stopped by Old Main to see the Corktown Row Museum exhibit in the WSU Anthro Museum...great exhibit! And what a spread with food donated by many Corktown restaurants!!! The Library and Historical Museum had good attendance throughout their buildings. Saw a few DYes'rs out and about...stopped by City Bird to say hi to Andy Linn and sis; stopped by the Historical Museum and chatted with Davemarc for a few.

A great evening in the D!!!

Kathleen, sounds fun! Wish I could have been around for Noel Night.

Amazing weather for Noel Night. It was brisk but not frigidly cold.

Okay, so there wasn't a nice blanket of snow on the ground, but it really was a great night to take the family out to the Cultural Center to explore all of the cool things.

This was my first Noel Night and it was amazing!We saw somewhere around 4000 people at the DHS.I'm a bit of a humbug,but it was very festive!I had a great time.