Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The DDOT & SMART Suburban Drug Busses

Who says suburbanites won't take mass transit? Appears many of them take it to and from Detroit on a regular basis.... for dope.

Apparently word has gotten out that DPD will impound your car in a heart beat if you're caught buying dope. Wouldn't want the wifey finding out about that the hard way!

http://freep.com/article/20091204/NE...ugs-in-Detroit

I wonder if the Oakland County Commission will rethink their vote on the county-wide transit millage! I guess Transit Riders United [[TRU) has discovered a whole new segment of transit boosters they can target in their policy efforts as well!

Yeah, I knew it was just a matter of time before the Fuzz caught on. I'm glad I stopped riding the bus regularly this year, cuz not only has the cost gone up by a third, but now i won't have to be subject to the random searches that are bound to increase on the line north of eight mile. Although i'm sure regular riders won't be disappointed to get rid of the heroin addicts who nod out and pick at their faces while kids are forced to watch. The Van Dyke bus was THE worst, there must be a dope village over by mack, or something.

Trainman Guest

Default NEW County Sales Tax on fast food

The change in the state constitution coming soon will allow the NEW Wayne, Oakland and Macomb one percent Sales tax to fix the roads that the busses travel on the also pay for those who ride them. It’s well known among most people that the fare box money does not pay the full cost of the operating cost of SMART and DDOT.

What do you posters think of the NEW Sales tax coming soon in place of the Oakland County commission defeating the countywide tax?

Learn all the facts at Trainman’s. save the… in DETROIT LINKS before you vote next August 2010

I'll take junkies on the bus then behind the wheel please.

Stosh Guest

What about the ones that ride their bike over there? Where's the love for them? Can't be hard to spot, especially in the winter, or rain.

Trainman Guest

Default Vote NO next August to protect State Money

Quote Originally Posted by Russix View Post
    I'll take junkies on the bus then behind the wheel please.

The Vote of YES next August for SMART means the approval of over $2 Billion for NEW freeways and $400 Million of this comes directly from the budget of SMART that was slashed since 1995.

So, go ahead and vote YES, YES, YES, the majority does indeed want the state funding cuts to SMART and DDOT and YES, YES, YES, we the majority DO want the Livonia SMART opt. out to be legal and valid and DO want over $14 Million per year slashed from the Federal Transit Administration FTA since 1995 from our transit authorities in southeast Michigan.

Learn all the facts at the webpage of Trainman’s save the in DETROIT LINKS

It’s time to say NO to more dopes behind the wheel and that means to vote NO to defeat the large freeways and to restore state money to SMART first, or NO more tax renewals of any kind for SMART or any other transit authority, especially a new DARTA equivalent.