Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Visiting Detroit

Hello,

I am planning a visit to Detroit late next week, to see a Red Wings game and also see some of these fabulous ruins. I am coming from New York, where I have also been, since the mid-1990s, documenting ruins and other great buildings, many just before they vanished.

I am wondering if someone here would be interested in meeting up with me to visit some of these ruins while I am in Detroit. I visited Detroit once, two summers ago, but other priorities on that trip prevented me from spending considerable time. I got to see the outside of Michigan Central Station and Tiger Stadium, among other sites, at the very least. I am hoping to see some sites in greater detail this time around.

Please contact me via PM. My website address is listed in my profile, if you're interested in seeing my work.

Thank you,

Rob

Don't forget to visit some fabulous non-ruins too.

HV-Rob, have you found anyone to help? I do not live in the area so I can not help, but have visited a number of times, and can at least give you some suggestions should you be unable to find someone to guide you around.

If it weren't so close to the holidays, I would be more than happy to show you around the city as I've done in the past for others. But between work and Christmas prep and other holiday happenings, I'm not available.

If you need some pointers on what to see, feel free to contact me at dkosh <at> msn.com.

Thanks everyone for replying/messasing. I am getting on the road this morning and likely won't have email access so there's no need to reply anymore. Looks like this is going to work out for me too, so thanks again!

-Rob

Sadly, there are now many ruins on Belle Isle. They are worth checking out especially the Detroit Boat Club and the old Detroit Zoo and Aquarium on the island.

Don't forget to check out the other neat things to do on Belle Isle also! There's the Great Lakes Museum and the conservatory.

Hello again,

I plan to visit Detroit again in a few weeks as part of another road trip and am hoping to once again meet up with someone who is also interested in visiting and/or photographing some of the great architecture in the city. Last year I got a great driving tour of the city from one of the forum members. I think this time I'd be happy to spend a few hours visiting 2 or 3 sites specifically. Visit my website http://www.hudsonvalleyruins.org to see who I am and what I do, or PM me with any questions.

Many thanks.

-Rob