Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

littlebuddy Guest

Default manmade pollution

If you were to take an area about 1200x1200 sq ft[[33 acres) and fill it with tailpipes from cars, you could put about 28 million 3in dia. tailpipes in that area, including the space between each tailpipe. If each tailpipe represented one car and each car ran 1 hour a day[[I don't know if this is average) this would be the equivilent of close to 700 million cars, which is about how many there are in the world. So on 33 acres you have all the car emissions in the world being produced.

This is just off the top of my head, anyone care to figure out how many fossil fuel burning power plants there are and how much space there smokestacks take up. This is just to put things into prespective comparied to the size of the world and the influence of the oceans, valcanos, weather, cycles, sun, etc. How much difference is man making compaired to all the rest in regards to globel warming. I know people on both sides can present all kinds of facts, but I was just wondering how much man really does.

lilpup Guest

Although cars tend to be a major media and activist focus in the global warming debate there are substantially worse polluters out there than cars.

Your question involves vast fields of science - geology, climatology, volcanology, etc. - and there are highly educated researchers dedicated to figuring out what's going on.
    Nobody on this board is going to have any answers, only talking points that support their own politics.

"OMG those leaked emails mean global warming is a huge hoax and I hate Al Gore because he's a stupid lib" wingnut response in 3... 2... 1...

Cow farts. We've just got to stop cow farts.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebuddy View Post
    How much difference is man making compaired to all the rest in regards to globel warming. I know people on both sides can present all kinds of facts, but I was just wondering how much man really does.
    Enough to kill us all.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Although cars tend to be a major media and activist focus in the global warming debate there are substantially worse polluters out there than cars.
    Buildings are by far the worst, contributing up to 40% of the global CO2 emissions. I guess thats why Architects have been pushing for lower emissions for buildings since the early 90's, and with LEED that appears to actually be gaining some sort of foothold

ccbatson Guest

Read Chris Horner's latest "Red Hot Lies"...as opposed to the first book, this one focuses on the corruption and is 100% consistent with the email leak recently discovered [[remembering that the book was written BEFORE the leak).