Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

It amazes me how folks can argue so adamantly a stance on something so controversial, simply by party affiliation. Can't people think for themselves? It's OK to do that, ya know?

Name your party, we know your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Name your party, we know your opinion.
    Perhaps thats how we should run a thread from now on, see example below:

"Obama to *insert political or personal factoid here* for the *insert ethnic minority or industry here*"

First poster: republican
    Second poster: democrat
    First poster: Republican
    second poster: democrat
    First poster: REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN
    second poster: democrat?
    First poster: REPUBLICAN
    First poster: Judging by your content I can see you don't listen to the same news paper I do, or watch the same news network that I do, therefor you are wrong. REPUBLICAN!
    second poster: *sigh* democrat

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    It's being propped up and promoted by Fox news, and the conservative bloggers.

Why should it be any different? Misinformation is misinformation.

And yes, the WSJ is Fox news.

And I could just as easily say that the mainstream i.e. npr, abc et,al have ignored the story which they have. The scandal is there. There is no "misinformation" there is no disputing the content of these emails and where they came from. And I also linked a piece from the christian science monitor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    And I could just as easily say that the mainstream i.e. npr, abc et,al have ignored the story which they have. The scandal is there. There is no "misinformation" there is no disputing the content of these emails and where they came from. And I also linked a piece from the christian science monitor as well.
    As George Bernard Shaw once said, "Christian Science is neither Christian nor scientific".

The Christian Science Monitor is actually a very sober, even-handed and respected news organization, d.mcc, despite Shaw's observations.

as a regular NPR listener, I know NPR coverred it -- interviewed a denialist, but did not interview one climatologist until the next day, when they also had another denialist on air. could be because one of the Big 4 fossil fuel companies is a major sponsor, but then, I don't know that for sure

And I also linked a piece from the christian science monitor as well.
    not finding that link. where is it?

ccbatson Guest

Here is the thing...liberals are handicapped in this debate by their fear of truth. How can they put up a serious argument when they are unwilling to learn of the facts regarding the corruption. From a selfish point of view, I love this. Why? I can't lose the argument and it is easy pickings. Alarmists spew some programmed talking point lie on the subject, and I just reference the email[[s) showing the premeditated deception...game over.

Rideron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    you are, obviously, yet another poster who has no clue what logic or critical thinking means. It means going with the evidence, and the evidence is HEAVILY on the side of anthropogenic climate change. we have the mountain, you don't even have a molehill

To say 'the science is settled' means you are not open to anything new which may contradict your premise.

Ya know, if that's your philosophy, how do you counter the gobs of evidence that the sun, and not the earth, are at the center of the solar system?

ccbatson Guest

Get a hold of the video "The Great Global Warming Swindle"...predates the email release, says the same things...the 2 together? Game over....WAY OVER.

ah. a film that was found to be a fraud. good source

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv/obb/prog_cb/obb114/

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Get a hold of the video "The Great Global Warming Swindle"...predates the email release, says the same things...the 2 together? Game over....WAY OVER.
    That would be like me saying a paper on how the World trade centers fell combined with Loose Change prove that 9/11 was an inside job

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    Perhaps thats how we should run a thread from now on, see example below:

"Obama to *insert political or personal factoid here* for the *insert ethnic minority or industry here*"

First poster: republican
    Second poster: democrat
    First poster: Republican
    First poster: REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN
    second poster: democrat?
    First poster: REPUBLICAN
    First poster: Judging by your content I can see you don't listen to the same news paper I do, or watch the same news network that I do, therefor you are wrong. REPUBLICAN!
    second poster: *sigh* democrat
    HA! Love it. Truer words were never typed.

Here is the thing...liberals are handicapped in this debate by their fear of truth. How can they put up a serious argument when they are unwilling to learn of the facts regarding the corruption. From a selfish point of view, I love this. Why? I can't lose the argument and it is easy pickings. Alarmists spew some programmed talking point lie on the subject, and I just reference the email[[s) showing the premeditated deception...game over.
    Did you ever get around to sharing your independent research that you somehow fit into your busy, busy days of earning a phD in climatology, all while studying the philosophy of Rand and running the board here for hours on end? You didn't?
    Please share your research. Pretty please. We won't be afraid of it, promise.
    Since you're a brilliant scientist and know everything about everything, and can debunk any contradicting research with a wave of your hand, we'll trust that your charts and graphs are the TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH because we know that you and you alone know the TRUTH. Truth!

for the scientific illiterati:

http://tinyurl.com/yfuu589

ccbatson Guest

Ahem...yes I have sourced this numerous times...you libs are just afraid to look. Try here as a portal:

http://www.globalwarmingskeptics.info/

Also read Chris Horner's books AND THE REFERENCES.

Two question for the proponents of this idiocy:

What about the Ice age warning some 30 odd years ago?

Man's activity is no doubt having an effect on the ecology, We are probably the biggest contributors with our wasteful uses of fossil fuels, what fossil fuels are you alarmists willing to go without? Instead of shaking charts at us and predicting our fate, what are you planning on doing about it?

Rideron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    you are, obviously, yet another poster who has no clue what logic or critical thinking means. It means going with the evidence, and the evidence is HEAVILY on the side of anthropogenic climate change. we have the mountain, you don't even have a molehill
    Here's MORE of that evidence thats so HEAVILY on the side of the Global Warmists!!!!!!
    Much Of Upper Midwest Gets Slammed With Snow

15 Inches In Some Areas; State Of Emergency In Wisconsin

CHICAGO [[CBS) ―
    Click to enlarge 1 of 1
    Snow falls on downtown Minneapolis on Dec. 9, 2009. CBS

Close

numSlides of totalImages

Related Stories

The first major winter snowstorm of the season made life miserable throughout much of the Upper Midwest and the governor of Wisconsin has already declared a state of emergency.

Five deaths are reported and hundreds of flights canceled, as the same storm that clobbered us is now moving north and towards the East Coast.

Problems were mounting at the airports in Chicago. Weather on the East Coast and de-icing of planes have caused more than 200 cancellations at O'Hare International Airport and delays of more than 45 minutes on average for all flights as of 10:30 a.m., according to the city Department of Aviation. At Midway Airport, there have been no significant delays, but more than 25 flights have been canceled.

But in Wisconsin, the situation was far worse. The snow slammed the state so severely that Gov. Jim Doyle declared a preemptive state of emergency.

Under that declaration, the Wisconsin National Guard may be dispatched to assist authorities as needed for response and recovery during the snowstorm, CBS affiliate WDJT-TV, Milwaukee, reported.

Semis and many vehicles slid off of Wisconisn State Highway 51 Wednesday morning. Ten thousand customers in the Madison area were still without power as of late morning.

Classes were canceled at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and all nonessential employees were told to stay home, WISC-TV, Madison, reported.

Some parts of the state were expected to get 15 inches of snow.

In parts of Minnesota, more than a foot of snow was forecast, with wind gusts of up to 50 mph. CBS station WCCO-TV, Minneapolis, reported that the blowing and drifting snow became so severe that the Minnesota Department of Transportation advised no travel from Tuesday night through Wednesday afternoon in the southern part of the state.

Minneapolis and St. Paul both declared snow emergencies on Wednesday, WCCO reported.

"I hate it. I really hate it. I'm a summer baby," said Minneapolis resident Sheena Major.

Des Moines, Iowa, is forecasting a total of 13 to 16 inches of snow by the time the storm passes, followed by air temperatures of minus 5, KCCI-TV reported.

Farther west in Omaha, snow was expected to total 8 to 12 inches, and snow plows were struggling to keep up. One private snow plow hit and killed a 28-year-old woman as snow fell across Nebraska's largest city, CBS affiliate KMTV-TV reported.

At the airport in Omaha, commuters were miserable.

"I'm actually heading back to Los Angeles, but with this blizzard, it just won't stop," said traveler Cody Law. "And right now all the flights are canceled and I can't get home."

Many flights weren't making it out because of the weather and with snow-covered roads, cars are also having a hard time leaving the airport.

"We're trying to get home but the roads are closed from the snow, so we're stuck here overnight," said traveler Dodi Krynen. She plans to sleep on a chair at the airport Wednesday night.

But in the eastern part of the Midwest region, the news wasn't so bad. In Detroit, snow showers were forecast for Wednesday afternoon, but with accumulations of less than an inch, CBS station WWJ-TV reported.

While temperatures will be in the single digits from Chicago to the Great Plains Wednesday night, in Detroit they will bottom out at a comparatively balmy 34 degrees. On Thursday, snow showers are expected to leave up to 2 inches across the Motor City.

Wind advisories and warnings were placed into effect for the storm from New Mexico to the Mid-Atlantic states with flooding in the south. Winter storm warnings were expected to be issued in New England later Wednesday.

CBS 2's Susan Carlson, CBS News, the Associated Press and the Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
    [[© MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

Obviously, Rideron is one of those who confuse "weather" with "climate", "short-range" forecasts with "long-term" change projections.

On a par with, "I can't be out of money, I still have checks left."

Ahem...yes I have sourced this numerous times...you libs are just afraid to look. Try here as a portal:

http://www.globalwarmingskeptics.info/

Also read Chris Horner's books AND THE REFERENCES.
    the references are, indeed, the best way to discredit Horner's tripe. I did so extensively on the old board. NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    Obviously, Rideron is one of those who confuse "weather" with "climate", "short-range" forecasts with "long-term" change projections.
    I agree completely that you cannot equate short term weather anomalies [[short term meaning days, weeks, years, even decades) with long term natural or unnatural climate changes. However, this very line of thinking is used by global warming alarmists all the time. I clearly remember when we have had early spring heat waves, or pleasant winter weather, people saying "it's due to global warming!" Which lead to further entrenching, for no reason, their beliefs in the GW hysteria.

There is no earth clone somewhere that is absent of modern industrial technology to use as the baseline to compare our earth to. I don't believe it can be proven. The climate is not static and never will be.

Here in Texas north of Dallas the temp was 9 degrees this morning. That's colder than Detroit and we're almost 1000 miles south.

It has been very cold down here for this time of year especially and it appears we're going to have the third winter in a row with temps well below historical averages.

Yet this decade is on pace to be the warmest since they started keeping the records back in 1850...

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 3WC View Post
    Here in Texas north of Dallas the temp was 9 degrees this morning. That's colder than Detroit and we're almost 1000 miles south.

It has been very cold down here for this time of year especially and it appears we're going to have the third winter in a row with temps well below historical averages.
    And people keep saying this type of weather is normal? See a change in patterns anyone?

ccbatson Guest

Weather is change...and that isn't the topic of debate. It is the manmade influence that is at issue, and the hoax.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast