Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Briggs Stadium grand stand ticket $1.20

I found this "rain check" in with a box of vintage post cards. Anyone have any idea what year this is from? I know it has to be before 1961.

I think it would be around 1949 - 1950. It's an unreserved grandstand ticket, the kind I used to swap my Detroit Times 'stubs' [[receipt for obtaining a new customer) for unreserved grandstand, and they were the stated price seen above. Bleacher seats, I think, went for 75c back then.

Used to take the Grand River line down to Trumbull and walk to the ballpark from there. The old Victorian homes that lined Trumbull then fascinated me with all the gingerbread and orateness.

Thanks. That makes sense, since it would be just before my grandparents moved [[1952-53) from Mendota & Kendall up to Mackinaw City, where I got the box of old postcards.

Ray's answer fits nicely into:

Nice find, I have some old postcards of Briggs Stadium.

This is August 1942. $1.10 with tax.
    Attachment 4230
    Last edited by old guy; August-09-10 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitZack View Post
    Nice find, I have some old postcards of Briggs Stadium.
    Is this one of them Zach?

Here's another

Here's a 1946 Scorecard from Briggs

Here's a Briggs Stadium Pennant