Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

andybsg Guest

Default Detroit on the upswing

I'm new here. I want to point out some of the excellent items that give Detroit a competitive advantage over other American urban areas.

1) open space for development

2) new administration that wants to support business

3) the riverfront

4) Indian Village and Palmer Woods

5) Ford Field

6) Cobo

7) The Tigers!

8) Universities

9) Good People

10) Built in skilled workforce

11) Windsor

There are more

Welcome to the forum, andybsg.

I agree with them all, especially 9.

As for 10, I'd add that a manager I know in Phoenix once said that he liked hiring people from the midwest because of their work ethic.

MichMatters Guest

I love #1. It's like how realtors see tiny, ineffective kitchens and advertise them as "cozy" or set up a toilet in the garage and pass it off as 1-and-a-half bathrooms. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyrocker View Post
    Boing! wack wack! RARS for all!
    Huh? That must be the strangest post I have ever seen!

Hi Andybsg, welcome to the forum. Always love possitive attitudes. I have posted my support for Detroit too many times to repeat here. As a resident, I know the good and the bad. Positive support is always welcome.

andybsg Guest

I know Detroit isn't perfect. I am not stupid. But other cities make a big deal over stupid things that they have, and most of those things do not even compare to the things Detroit has. Why do we not have an agrncy or group that promotes all these things to the rest of the world, including the suburbs?!?!

detroitchef Guest

Quote Originally Posted by andybsg View Post
    I know Detroit isn't perfect. I am not stupid. But other cities make a big deal over stupid things that they have, and most of those things do not even compare to the things Detroit has. Why do we not have an agrncy or group that promotes all these things to the rest of the world, including the suburbs?!?!
    I don't think anyone called you stupid.
    And I am not really following your logic in this post. Yes other cities have things we do not. And we have things they don't have. That's a very generalist statement. Even your list was very generalist, as Johnny rocker points out.

We do have agencies to 'promote' the things we have to the rest of the world. It's called 'the press' and they seem to be doing an ';okay' job reporting back to the rest of the world about our embaressing unemployment, the decay of the buildings that formerly housed industrial concerns, the corruption of our officials and the White Flight to our suburbs of folks like Sumas.

the smell of [[hott) fudge is all over this guy

andybsg Guest

Wow, you guys are really negative. Forget I brought this up.

I don't think the press has the job of promoting Detroit, so I think that you are wrong.