Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Stosh Guest

Default The Muppets Do Ayn Rand's Philosophy

Listen to the words, it's a masterpiece.

ccbatson Guest

Hilarious....Sesame street....1st grade at best...well done.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Hilarious....Sesame street....1st grade at best...well done.
    But listen to the words, CC. Ayn Rand at her finest, I tell you!

Actually makes more sense than all her novels combined!

And wastes less time...bonus!

ccbatson Guest

Another nail hit on the head for you Stosh...of course sesame street makes more sense to an intellect calibrated at that level than does Ayn Rand. As such it will make a great deal more sense to somebody incapable of making sense of the more complex concepts beyond their grasp.

Stosh Guest

Another nail hit on the head for you Stosh...of course sesame street makes more sense to an intellect calibrated at that level than does Ayn Rand. As such it will make a great deal more sense to somebody incapable of making sense of the more complex concepts beyond their grasp.
    First off, it's not Sesame Street.

Second, anyone that thinks that rand [[ I now have reduced her to less than a proper name now, fitting) is a writer or philosopher needs to re-evaluate their priorities, and to reassess their mental capabilities.

I'm more than capable of deducing complex concepts, it's just that you are totallty incapable of producing any.

ccbatson Guest

You have repeatedly admitted that you don't understand Rand's books...YOU said that, not me.

Stosh Guest

You have repeatedly admitted that you don't understand Rand's books...YOU said that, not me.
    Quote for me the exact message that I said that, please.
    I understand her all too well.
    She is, for all intents and purposes, a creator of paperweights and doorstops.

ccbatson Guest

Here is one...unless you have resorted to the method you describe in order to understand it.

"If her jargon and word style were any more stilted, I would have to walk around on 6 foot poles just to read it."

Very telling that the second hander becomes personally defensive when someone criticizes Ayn Rand, so much so that said second hander lashes out with personal attacks on other forumers [[and of course receives the in kind treatment).

Ayn Rand was a ten-watt bulb. Her concepts are shallow and juvenile and her delivery tedious and shrill. I give her books one-half star, and that only because the cover art is passable.

Stosh Guest

Here is one...unless you have resorted to the method you describe in order to understand it.

"If her jargon and word style were any more stilted, I would have to walk around on 6 foot poles just to read it."
    That would be correct, my position in that case would be head and shoulders above your sad, lowly, disgruntled and pathetic self. Go back to eating steak in your Dad's basement.

And still you can't comprehend anything without a primer, it seems. I said to be on stilts to read, not comprehend.

There is a difference. And the totality of comprehension gained from reading the sum of her books would easily be written on the head of a pin. In three words...

"What about meeeeeee"
    Last edited by Stosh; December-01-09 at 09:42 PM.

DetroitDad Guest

Stosh, didn't you already use this one on me? How many times can a person use a bad joke, and still think of themselves as funny?

Stosh Guest

Well, you seem to enjoy inflicting the same tired crap on people, I figured, why not me?

ccbatson Guest

Stosh asked for an example, I give him one in his own words, he acknowledges it, ad still holds with his original assertion disproven by the example....denial? more ignorance and lack of comprehension?

Stosh Guest

Stosh asked for an example, I give him one in his own words, he acknowledges it, ad still holds with his original assertion disproven by the example....denial? more ignorance and lack of comprehension?
    Duhhhh. what example? If you keep insinuating I'm stupid, then I may as well act that way.... Hey what's your name mister, got a cigarette?

I think the only one here who lacks the skill of comprehension would be you. If Ayn Rand had her head any further up her ass, she'd be able to clean the back of her teeth.

actually, you were supposed to respond about comprehension, but you responded with a quote about reading. that explains a lot -- you seem incapable of distinguishing between the two

ccbatson Guest

Hmmm, seems any elementary school teacher knows that reading includes the ability to comprehend.

Stosh Guest

Hmmm, seems any elementary school teacher knows that reading includes the ability to comprehend.
    Not really. Anybone can blather through words without comprehending their meaning. I mean, look, you do it every day, for God's sake.

ccbatson Guest

Stosh Guest

- 6 dictionary results

–noun 1.the action or practice of a person who reads.2.Speech. the oral interpretation of written language.3.the interpretation given in the performance of a dramatic part, musical composition, etc.: an interesting reading of Beethoven's 5th Symphony. 4.the extent to which a person has read; literary knowledge: a man of wide reading. 5.matter read or for reading: a novel that makes good reading. 6.the form or version of a given passage in a particular text: the various readings of a line in Shakespeare. 7.an instance or occasion in which a text or other matter is read or performed, usually without elaborate preparation and often as a means of testing its merits: The playwright wants to have a reading of the play for prospective producers. 8.an interpretation given to anything: What is your reading of the situation? 9.the indication of a graduated instrument: The reading is 101.2°F.

–adjective 10.pertaining to or used for reading: reading glasses. 11.given to reading: the reading public.

You are quite addle-pated, aren't you...

Nowhere in this definition you provided is a mention of comprehension.

Here's an example of the way this works.

Say I am reading an Albanian text. I can phonetically sound out the words correctly, which is true, and read them aloud. I however have no knowledge of the meaning of the words, also true. So, while I am performing the physical act of reading, I am not comprehending what I am reading.

It seems as if everything has to be explained to you...
    Last edited by Stosh; December-08-09 at 10:29 AM.

ccbatson Guest

Sigh...look up "interpretation" please.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/interpretation

Stosh Guest

Sigh...look up "interpretation" please.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/interpretation
    IN order to interpret, you first must comprehend.

No comprehension, no interpretation. Sigh...

Seems to me that you don't do any of the three very well. Have you ever considered remedial education? I hear they have some quite good English schools over there in Taiwan. You might avail yourself of that. It would do your jingoistic prose a world of good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast