Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Holiday Dinner - Georgia Street Community

On Saturday, December 12th, the
    Georgia Street Community
    will be holding its
    2nd Annual Holiday Dinner.

We will begin serving at 4:00 p.m. and continue until approximately 7:00 p.m. This year's dinner will be held at Baptist Hill Missionary Church, in their Community Room. This is a much larger space than last year as we expect to serve between 120 and 140 people.

Obviously cash donations are appreciated, but in addition,
    we are asking for donations of the following:

Turkeys, cooked and carved
    Stuffing
    Mashed Potatoes
    Sweet Potatoes
    Macaroni & Cheese
    Corn or Green Beans
    Rolls and Butter
    Pumpkin Pies or Other Desserts
    Beverages
    Paper and Plastic Products

Please visit our website for more information
    and a form to donate food or volunteer your time:
    www.georgiastreetcc.com

To donate through Paypal, please visit our blog:
    http://georgiastreetgarden.blogspot

Again, we know that most Detroiters are struggling this year, including the members of GSCC. We hope that you can find it in your heart to help us with this very important event, even if it's just to give your time to help us prepare, serve and clean-up.

Thank you again for your continuing support of
    our efforts to improve our community.
    CUB

Good luck with everything, Cub! I'll be in touch soon.

**Saturday Morning Bump**

As noted by Vetalalumni in another thread, the blog/Paypal link has an error....please add

".com" and then it will work!!

Sunday Morning Bump

Keeping the thread on top :-)

12 Days to go!

Nine days left...Hope to see some of you there!

Bumping up on this Beautiful Sunday evening!! 6 days to go.

Bump 4 more days!!

Today is the day!

Mark- Sorry , we can't make it. My nephews wedding is today. Send pictures!

Another great event for the neighborhood ... Cub and Blueidone, DaveMarc and MamaCub ... they worked for days to make the event special. It made a huge impact on the neighbors... as well as the CNN crew that was there.

Thank you, Gnome...but we couldn't do what we do without the generosity of others, including you. We were very happy to see you last night...and your dessert donations were greatly appreciated!

Thank you to each and every person who gave time, money or food and helped us make this event a success. We fed approximately 100 people at the Dinner, and another large group at the Rescue Mission with what food was leftover. We saw several new faces and had some new people from the neighborhood sign up to help with our efforts to improve the neighborhood.

On a personal note, I want to say what an honor it is to be involved with this group of people who work tirelessly to help others for no other reason than the fact that it needs to be done. With all the terrible things you hear about the City of Detroit, it's nice to know that there are those who offer a sense of hope and community to it's residents. Thank you for asking me to be a part of GSCC.

Thanks Stromberg2.
    The dinner was bigger and better than last year. Thanks to all of our supporters and volunteers for helping us make this past year a year of increase, especially in these hard times. Everyone have a Healthy and Happy Holiday Season!!!!

Blue, I agree totally.Every event I do with the group,I come out feeling better for being involved.It was great to meet and spend some time with the pastor.I expect big things from him and Mark.As always it was great to see everyone and have a great holiday! Dave

Pictures of the holiday dinner are on the website.

www.georgiastreetcc.com

The pictures look great, Cub. You guys did a fantastic job. You are an inspiring force, and I am glad to see that you continue to press on, all the time. I am glad to be involved in your efforts, and hope to do so for many years to come!

It was a wonderful dinner. Even helping clean up was enjoyable.