Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What's your wallpaper pic?

This is my latest,
    Last edited by qweek; November-27-09 at 10:18 PM.

Don't use a screen saver. But that's a beauty!

It's the Crab Nebula, spectacular.

http://io9.com/5412496/the-clearest-...-old-explosion
    Last edited by qweek; November-27-09 at 10:19 PM.

DetroitDad Guest

My daughter on my laptop, Campus Martius on my home desktop;

Photo from DC Streets Blog.

And on my work PC is this Detroit Fireworks jewel from Fireworks.com;

Discovery with Earth in the background.
    Attachment 4114

Here in Muskegon I'm just a little more quirkier than when I lived in Detroit.

During the hot, sticky summer months the wallpaper is a shot of the front of my home with two feet of snow on the ground. In the cold and miserable months, the wallpaper is the same shot of the house, but with green grass and full-leaved trees.

It seems we're never satisfied with what we have at the moment.

Our grandson at Fort Wayne 2008.

Attachment 4128
    Last edited by eriedearie; December-24-09 at 02:18 PM.

I change mine often, This is from a picture I have hanging in the den. So many memories in just one shot......
    Attachment 4129
    still active; J.W. Westcott.
    gone; Vernors, Bob lo, Steamers, Train Ferrys

My office has a double set of rattly, single-paned windows, the old-fashioned school building kind that open by pulling in. One of the panes was replaced with a room air conditioner that our facilities guys wrapped in clear plastic & secured with duct tape for the winter. [[Yes, it appears to breathe sometimes when it's windy out.) I tell you this so you understand why the screensaver on my computer monitor there is a photo of the blazing flames of a fully-involved log fire as captured through the glass front of my home's wood stove. Aaaahhhhh.

Desktop is my grandkids visiting us from Livonia.
    Last edited by Ray1936; August-01-10 at 08:25 PM.

Ray1936, I'm stunned. I have never seen a pic of that sign without a topless gal in it.
    G-Rated pics like this never seem to make it to this side of the Mississippi! Good job!

Like the pics and stories so far! Hope everyone had a chance to relax a bit over this holiday.

Ragtop, something else you don't see in that pic. There are a dozen high tension power lines that are strung across the street at that point, which always appear in photos. Except mine, thanks to Photoshop Elements!!

For the last several months I've been mousing around with favorite photos of various locations in Walt Disney World - especially the Polynesian Resort, where I stayed in every one of my six past visits. Haven't been since 2001 and no plans in site to return in the near future - but I recently discovered Disney World podcasts which will have to do for satisfying my Disney cravings for the foreseeable future. The podcasts in turn led to the Disneyfication of my desktop!

Anybody interested in checking out two of the best Disney podcasts out there, check out
    www.wdwradio.com and
    www.allaboutthemouse.com