Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Our Beloved Clown-Cil :-)

Teaser from Detroit-Centric Films premiering Summer 2010!!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....0344741&ref=mf

www.cornerboyfilms.com

That weak stuff wasn't even funny.

And by Summer 2010 it will be old news.

@kraig @Ed Golick

Neither of you HOES can stop the BumRush! :-)

CornerBoy Films!!

Can't wait to see your flicks

Cant stop the BumRush Hoe

Quote Originally Posted by Vantanna View Post
    @kraig @Ed Golick

CornerBoy Films!!

Vantanna,
    Here's a trailer for my "flick", coming soon to Detroit PBS.
    http://www.detroitkidshow.com/A_Cele...Detroit_TV.htm
    I would't think of stopping the BumRush.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Golick View Post
    Vantanna,
    Here's a trailer for my "flick", coming soon to Detroit PBS.
    http://www.detroitkidshow.com/A_Cele...Detroit_TV.htm
    I would't think of stopping the BumRush.
    Ed, magnificent trailer. Can't wait for the show.

Did you happen to see the 1978 T-day parade excerpts I posted here from you tube? Oopsy, Sonny, etc are on that one. Also a Federal's commercial.

Stosh,
    Yes, I saw your YouTube clips. I recently transfered all of Sonny Eliot's videos to DVD, and he has no Thanksgiving footage. Would you be willing to make him a copy of your parade footage? I know that it would mean a lot to him, because his wife Annette always co-hosted with him.

Ed. This looks Really Interesting! Look forward to seeing it. Is Sir Graves included as well?

Yes, Sir Graves is featured in the doc.

Ed, What you do is much appreciated...

@kraig @Ed Golick

CornerBoy Films!!

I think you meant to call us Ho's. Your spelling of the word is for the garden tool. If you're going to insult someone, at least get your spelling correct. As it stands now, you're comment was as weak as the clip that you posted.

I happen to be a fan of CornerBoy Films, David Bomar, who's a native detroiter, and his show. But, that just wasn't up to the standards of the work that CornerBoy films has shown that it's capable of.

The content of the sketch was subpar and the acting, or overacting in this case, was way over the top and just flat out horrible.

Stosh Guest

Stosh,
    Yes, I saw your YouTube clips. I recently transfered all of Sonny Eliot's videos to DVD, and he has no Thanksgiving footage. Would you be willing to make him a copy of your parade footage? I know that it would mean a lot to him, because his wife Annette always co-hosted with him.
    It's not my stuff to give, I merely copied it from a poster on YouTube.

That poster would be robatsea2009.

Here's a link to his uploads. Hope that helps some, sorry that I could not just copy that for you. There's a link for contact on the page. Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/user/robatsea2009

It goes without saying that you [[in all likelihood) have never been to a Council meeting. Also, the spelling referring to your personage is correct, HOE!

MichMatters Guest

No, a hoe is a gardening tool, a ho is a sexually promiscuous individual. "Ho" is the diminutive form of "whore". However, an "e" is added to it when it's suffixed with words like [[hoe)bag, [[hoe)cake, etc...

The more you know!
    Last edited by MichMatters; December-05-09 at 02:41 AM.

It goes without saying that you [[in all likelihood) have never been to a Council meeting. Also, the spelling referring to your personage is correct, HOE!
    I've been to plenty of City Council meetings. In fact, I've been to enough to know that the main two members that you were lampooning in your skit, Reeves and Collins, happen to get along just fine. Which makes the skit appear unresearched and unauthentic.

Thanks MichMatters, for educating Lee on the difference between the words Ho and Hoe.

Lee, take a look at how much effort went into 10 things I Love/Hate about the Hood and you'll realize that same effort is not being given to this current project. And this is coming from one of the few people that actually owns a copy of your first DVD. So, I hope you're paying attention.

@ to MichMatters. In the African American Cultural Lexicon, a Hoe is a petty Ho-Ass individual [[like Kraig or yourself) who comments on a topic they know nothing about.

@kraig You have no idea what planning or work went into either film, since you weren't involved in any facet. Now of course you're entitled to your opinion [[however ridiculous it is Hoe!) But to think that the Council members were Reeves & Collins rather than a combination of different personalities over the last 15+ years demonstrates that once again you have no knowledge of what you speak. And I go right back to my original quote: "YOU can't stop the bumrush HOE!" Thank you for your support.

Default Mr. Ed

And by Summer 2010 it will be old news.
    Old news? Based on your clip featuring Sanders, Hudsons, Sonny Elliott and Sir Graves Ghastly, one would say that your project is VERY old news...decades old and someone who can't let go of the past. Now personally, I respect all of those old school passions of the D because I bore witness to or was a part of all of them growing up right here in downtown Detroit. So before you start saying what we are doing is old news, understand what we are doing in the first place...then understand that the city council has been a mess for decades and i'm pretty sure will still be in the news, as a result of some dysfunctional meeting that will keep them and our film "current".
    Last edited by cardinal dave; December-05-09 at 05:11 PM. Reason: misspelling

Default Live @ 5ive in 2010....

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    I think you meant to call us Ho's. Your spelling of the word is for the garden tool. If you're going to insult someone, at least get your spelling correct. As it stands now, you're comment was as weak as the clip that you posted.

I happen to be a fan of CornerBoy Films, David Bomar, who's a native detroiter, and his show. But, that just wasn't up to the standards of the work that CornerBoy films has shown that it's capable of.

The content of the sketch was subpar and the acting, or overacting in this case, was way over the top and just flat out horrible.
    Kraig I appreciate you showing love to "F'sho" and "Top Ten Things"...but you are off-base with your assessment of the "Live @ 5ive" clip. If you think the clip is "weak", of course thats your opinion. But what you saw was a one min clip out of a full-fledged project that is hella live. And to say its not up to the standards of what CBF has previously produced, you are correct....its BETTER than anything we've done in the past, as you will soon see. I'm not going to be a part of anything that is "weak". "Live @ 5ive" will be a controversial classic....I am the walrus...

@ to MichMatters. In the African American Cultural Lexicon, a Hoe is a petty Ho-Ass individual [[like Kraig or yourself) who comments on a topic they know nothing about.

@kraig You have no idea what planning or work went into either film, since you weren't involved in any facet. Now of course you're entitled to your opinion [[however ridiculous it is Hoe!) But to think that the Council members were Reeves & Collins rather than a combination of different personalities over the last 15+ years demonstrates that once again you have no knowledge of what you speak. And I go right back to my original quote: "YOU can't stop the bumrush HOE!" Thank you for your support.
    The results of the clip speak for themselves.

So, who were the other personalities from the past fifteen years? The acting was still horrible.

Rideron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MichMatters View Post
    No, a hoe is a gardening tool, a ho is a sexually promiscuous individual. "Ho" is the diminutive form of "whore". However, an "e" is added to it when it's suffixed with words like [[hoe)bag, [[hoe)cake, etc...

The more you know!
    This is the first example I have seen regarding proper grammatical structure of illiteracy.