Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Holiday Dinner - Georgia Street Community

On Saturday, December 12th, the
    Georgia Street Community
    will be holding its
    2nd Annual Holiday Dinner.

We will begin serving at 4:00 p.m. and continue until approximately 7:00 p.m. This year's dinner will be held at Baptist Hill Missionary Church, in their Community Room. This is a much larger space than last year as we expect to serve between 120 and 140 people.

Obviously cash donations are appreciated, but in addition,
    we are asking for donations of the following:

Turkeys, cooked and carved
    Stuffing
    Mashed Potatoes
    Sweet Potatoes
    Macaroni & Cheese
    Corn or Green Beans
    Rolls and Butter
    Pumpkin Pies or Other Desserts
    Beverages
    Paper and Plastic Products

Please visit our website for more information
    and a form to donate food or volunteer your time:
    www.georgiastreetcc.com

To donate through Paypal, please visit our blog:
    http://georgiastreetgarden.blogspot

Again, we know that most Detroiters are struggling this year, including the members of GSCC. We hope that you can find it in your heart to help us with this very important event, even if it's just to give your time to help us prepare, serve and clean-up.

Thank you again for your continuing support of
    our efforts to improve our community.
    Last edited by Blueidone; November-27-09 at 10:14 AM.

Blue - I tried clicking on http://georgiastreetgarden.blogspot but I keep coming up with a page that says "Address Not Found" - so I went to the Georgia Street website to see if there was a link on there for PayPal - but I can't find one. I'd like to donate a little cash towards the holiday dinner since we can't make it for the celebration.

What am I doing wrong? Or am I trying to do something that I'm too tired to do???

Hi Erie!! I tried the link this morning and it worked ok for me. Perhaps Paypal was going through an update or something.

Try it again today and if it doesn't work, let us know. You can send me an e-mail at corneroffice2 at aol dot com.

Thanks for helping!!

Good Morning Blue! I tried the link again and I'm still getting the same message. So I went through another way to get to the PayPal donation site and I've sent the money on its way with a side note to Cub.

Have a lovely dinner. We'll be there in spirit.

Our regards to all!

Thanks again, Erie. Every donation, no matter how small is important. As with all charitable organizations, our donations are down this year.

We miss seeing you and hubby. Please give him our best. Watch for the pics sometime after the 12th!

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    Good Morning Blue! I tried the link again and I'm still getting the same message. So I went through another way to get to the PayPal donation site and I've sent the money on its way with a side note to Cub.

Have a lovely dinner. We'll be there in spirit.

Our regards to all!
    The problem is ".com" needs to be appended -
    http://www.georgiastreetgarden.blogspot.com/

Thanks Vetalalumni! I tried to edit my original post, but can't...Hopefully everyone will read your correction!

Vetalalumni - that did the trick! It is now working!

Tuesday Morning Bump

Blueidone, I made a paypal donation this morning, since I figure that will be most useful to everyone at this point. Good luck with everything! I am hoping that some year I will be able to make it to the holiday dinner.

Your donation was received, Cman....thank you very much for your generosity. We would love to have you at any event...or just to drop by for a visit when you are in town. May God bless you with a warm and wonderful holiday season. Watch for the pictures after the 12th!

Friday morning bump

Sunday morning bump!

Shopping for food and other necessities begins tomorrow...I think I'm gonna need a very large truck. :-)

Thank you to everyone who has sent in a donation. It is your kindness and generosity that allows us to reach our goal of being able to feed 120 people or so. Again, there is an open invitation to anyone who would like to stop by and see the results of your giving.

15 hours til great food.

Hope everything goes well, Cub!!

Stromberg2

Thanks Stromberg2,
    The dinner was bigger and better than last year. Thanks to all of our supporters and volunteers for helping us make this past year a year of increase, especially in these hard times. Everyone have a Healthy and Happy Holiday Season!!!!

Cub, I am thrilled to hear things went well. Let me know if you post any pictures!

Pics will be up as soon as possible.

Good stuff! Glad to hear things went well Cub.

I got a Christmas card today from the Georgia Street Collective. Thanks. Merry Christmas to you too.

You are welcome Pam.