Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Happy Thanksgiving, What Are You Thankful For?

Happy Thanksgiving, all!
    Been a crummy couple of years, but thankful for friends, family, and Detroit music; and that I have good health, for an older guy.
    Hoping to find that elusive good job soon.

I am thankful for my family and friends. I'm thankful that they're all healthy and reasonably happy. I'm thankful for our 8-year-old grandson who continues to amaze us and make us laugh. I'm thankful our 3 sons are gainfully employed, all at the same time, once again. God has been good to us.

Happy thanksgiving to my Dyes friends!

Happy thanksgiving to all. Unfortunately, my husband lost both an aunt and a cousin today but......we are thankful for having them in our lives.

I am thankful for health and plenty in our family. In these days, Enough is as good as a feast. It is good to reflect that we have the important things, family, friends, and good food, shelter and enough to get by in comfort.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, Eventhough I am not that hyped to drive to Chicago with the folks ,I am glad they are here and I am able to go.
    Go Lions, Nothing better then a win on this day.

Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday. The basic requirements of the day are to eat, and to be thankful. No other perceived obligations. IMO this is perfect.

I'm driving from the hinterlands to the sunrise side today to eat and say thanks with the outlaws, er, in-laws. I'm thankful I have a vehicle healthy enough to haul 4 of us east with enough room to pick up 1 more on the way, and that no matter my everyday opinion of my MIL, I am thankful she managed to raise a decent human being for me to marry and with whom I could raise our own decent human beings.

Have a great day, all.

DetroitDad Guest

Default Thankful

A excerpt from my blogo;

....Detroit Mom and I ended up on the West side for two Thanksgiving feasts. Around the table at one, each of us said what we were thankful for. Detroit Mom said family, and the regular health and other things followed. I felt a little strange about this question, as this year has had it's ups and downs, but was also pretty rough in places. I am thankful for many things, things like family and good health, but I took it a step further. I couldn't help but think of the hardship some of my family members and friends went through this year [[bad health or losing their home), and thought about the people some of the people I have met on a daily basis in the recent past, people with real hardships that make mine look trivial.

I have some skills and experience, and have hopefully found a way to work my way up. Things are bad, but for us it is only a matter of time. Soon we will be moving, we are looking at apartments, and then we will be saving for investments to get us into a house. I have a good job, with benefits for all three of us, and we are going off all public assistance. We have our dreams still too, we are saving up to invest in a web site for Detroit Mom's Ebay store, and I am taking various classes to advance my own skills at work and in investing. The time almost seems right for another little one, a brother or sister for Baby Girl, but probably not until this Spring.

But things are not so positive or great for a lot of people right now. Many people are just entering their storms. But, for all of us, no matter where we are in our journey, I found what I was truly thankful for.

I am thankful for the chance to shine, and the opportunity to overcome all the garbage in this city and state to provide the life and environment my family needs, and not take anything for granted.

I am thankful for the opportunity to be thankful.