Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Walking the streets of Detroit

I "Stumbled Upon" this photo essay by a photographer based in Toronto. Enjoy.

http://www.foto8.com/home/content/view/831/136/

LOL... for a minute there I thought that this "street walking" thread and the other "adult sports" thread should have been combined...

But then again... they're talking about something else...

That's pretty awesome. I recommend viewing it in full screen.

Beautiful.

Bearinabox Guest

I liked the picture with the Joy Road street sign and the burned-out houses in the background. It's an interesting juxtaposition--a sign that says "Joy" in the middle of the urban prairie. It takes an outsider to notice things like that, I think--I assume most locals either take our street names for granted, or know that they're named after people, not emotions.

it's pretty good but I have seen better stuff from people here in town

I was "walking the streets of Detroit" over the weekend. I was at my mom's house on the far northeast side and took my niece for a walk to Heilman park to play on the swings. I could not believe the number of empty/burnt/boarded up houses in the neighborhood.

I don't have any pics, but there would be nothing more then empty houses to look at.

I haven't walked around her neighborhood in a few years and it was a shock to me, to say the least. I grew up there in the '70's and '80's and it made me sad to see the shape of things.