Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Oprah is leaving Chicago!

Looks the Oprah effect will leave Chicagoans in dark.

Take a look at this source:

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story...190116&catid=3

The Oprah Winfrey Show is the backbone to Chicago's regionalizational media economy. If she leaves her show and Chicago, it would never be the same. Lots of retail storefronts that rely on Oprah and her loyal fans would lose their businesses. It could leave one part of the neighborhood an instant blighted ghetto unless a new show with a big star comes in.

I would wish Oprah her best for developing a multi million dollar cable T.V. programming called O.W.N.

What do think about this matter? Should Oprah stay in Chicago and run her show or let her go to run her cable T.V. network.

ccbatson Guest

Nothing lasts forever...get over it and move on.

Oprah's talk show is best in the nation. Just giving it up for a cable T.V. network is rediculous. Please don't leave Chicago and your talk show, Oprah. Please don't leave your friends of Harpo Studios behind. You're making a big mistake.

ccbatson Guest

Never watched the show...from what I have heard it wasn't AS shallow and trivial as most of the other daytime gossip shows.

Much ado about nothing. Face it, her talk show ratings are WAY DOWN and she doesn't generate near as much revenue for her Harpo Productions company as she did in the old days.

Oprah's company on the west side of Chicago isn't going anywhere. The production company still does the Dr. Oz program there and you can be sure that Oprah will have a replacement talk show host lined up to take over her spot in the Harpo line-up.

Apparently she thinks she can make even bigger bucks with the cable network deal on top of her Harpo Productions profits and that's her right as an entrepreneur to take those risks. If she happened to have a conservative political philosophy, you would all be castigating her as the epitome of GREED.

Blarf Guest

Is she really leaving the city? I could imagine many restaurants going out of business. That woman is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

It could leave one part of the neighborhood an instant blighted ghetto unless a new show with a big star comes in.
    I certainly hope that happens. I'd be willing to swap my downtown apartment for one of those warehouse lofts near the studio if everyone moves out, lol!

ccbatson Guest

For goodness sake, do her fans think she is immortal?