Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Ad for Muslim Holiday brings out Right wing Hatred

Once again the Right wing Nazi patrol is at it again.

://www.freep.com/article/20091124/NEWS05/91125003/?imw=Y

Because Best Buy has the nerve to try to sell to Muslims the Glenn Beck\ Rush Limbaugh crew is wilding again in the media.

The new complaint is the Eid advertisment did not include Christmas ?? DUH and the Passover celebration messages did not mention Christmas either. Did anyone smear the Jewish faith because of that ?? NO

However the Family values crew has a new line of Lies for us..... We should now boycott best buy to protest this ad. Once again the Party of Progress, maybe we should hide the womens shoes so they can't go to work either in Protest of white men losing their ability to be the main bread winners.....

MESSAGE TO THE REPULICAN RIGHT WING

GET LIVES THAT HELP OTHERS & STOP YOUR HATRED IS AN AMERICAN VALUE LINE OF CRAP.. PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by Original63 View Post
    Once again the Right wing Nazi patrol is at it again.

://www.freep.com/article/20091124/NEWS05/91125003/?imw=Y

Because Best Buy has the nerve to try to sell to Muslims the Glenn Beck\ Rush Limbaugh crew is wilding again in the media.

The new complaint is the Eid advertisment did not include Christmas ?? DUH and the Passover celebration messages did not mention Christmas either. Did anyone smear the Jewish faith because of that ?? NO

However the Family values crew has a new line of Lies for us..... We should now boycott best buy to protest this ad. Once again the Party of Progress, maybe we should hide the womens shoes so they can't go to work either in Protest of white men losing their ability to be the main bread winners.....

MESSAGE TO THE REPULICAN RIGHT WING

GET LIVES THAT HELP OTHERS & STOP YOUR HATRED IS AN AMERICAN VALUE LINE OF CRAP.. PLEASE
    Just because a few losers complain about something doesn't make it news. Sounds like the media is looking to stir up trouble. Every single Cat Stevens video on Youtube has some assholes saying a bunch of ignorant shit in the comments, maybe that should be a news story. In all seriousness though, when did a comment on a Best Buy Web forum and some posts on a right wing blog constitute a news story? Sometimes it's best to just ignore these people.

Personally I'm more of the opinion that all religious holiday expression should be permanently banned from the public, since we apparently aren't mature enough to handle seeing the beliefs of others. Unfortunate, as I enjoy seeing all the different festivities, but until we grow up, I say let's ruin the fun for everybody and then see what they think. Fair's fair.

Every single Cat Stevens video on Youtube has some assholes saying a bunch of ignorant shit in the comments, maybe that should be a news story.
    Johnlodge likes Cat Stevens? That is news.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Johnlodge likes Cat Stevens? That is news.
    Are you kidding, I love Cat Stevens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ--odAAA1A

Just don't read the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Are you kidding, I love Cat Stevens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ--odAAA1A

Just don't read the comments.
    I like the songs from Harold and Maude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYSjIiWuUzA

Sounds like the media is looking to stir up trouble......
    .... and Original63 is a willing accomplice.

I visited to the blog mentioned in the FP article and I cannot find the quote attributed to it in the blog posting [[nor in the comments, but if it had been there, the press shouldn't be building their article on anonymous comments and attributing them to any particular end of the political spectrum). Perhaps it had been in the blog posting and has been subsequently edited out, but given the basis of the blogger's argument, that would seem unlikely.

Sometimes it's best to just ignore these people.
    Great advice!

Hey I forgot he wrote this classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBccr-aLu4I

Lots of pics of Cat looking studley on there for ya.

Merry Eid everyone!

ccbatson Guest

What about the original complaint is "hatred"?

Here's another one. One of my favorites. Love Cat Stevens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q29YR5-t3gg

Default replay to a lame post

Hey who gives a rat's arse.....Best Buy is just whoring for the Arab customer...they probably are the only ones left around here with any money left to spend....and, oh yeh, I forgot....what great ammunition for nut-cases to stir the pot against their left wing enemies !

Shame on me....I knew I should not have wandered off into "Non-Detroit" comments.....

ccbatson Guest

Slipping in the "hatred" descriptor is a common smear tactic used by the left. It is amplified by control of mainstream media quelling any objections.

Blarf Guest

That article is confusing. I really don't know what people are bitching about.

Best Buy advertisements are probably the last thing on my mind right now.

Why would it surprise anyone that there is contempt for for any and all religion? I know many atheist -agnostic Americans from the middle east, my wife included who have extreme contempt for Islam and its hypocracies. Is it the fact that the religious pick and choose which verses to interpret and live by? Or is it the religious bigots and holier than thous that describe newborn human beings born outside of a marriage ceremony as 'illegitimate' ,or religious landlords who deny a roof over the head of an unmarried gay or straight couple. <rant
    Companies target select groups of conusmers to increase sales to and satisfy shareholders,I dont have a problem with that but I dont care if right wing groups religious or other wise have contempt for Islam. Just proves how devisive organized religion is....

Cat Stevens is a muslim jerk that agrees with the fatwa against Salman Rushdie...how would 'yusef islam' like one of his family members to get wacked by a muslim psycho?

quote:
    "...Companies target select groups of conusmers to increase sales to and satisfy shareholders,I dont have a problem with that but I dont care if right wing groups religious or other wise have contempt for Islam. Just proves how devisive organized religion is...."

"Just proves how divisive organized religion is."
    Truer words were never written. It is sad that some, mostly right wing zealots, choose to use this divisive trait for political advantage. Do they realize that, as they use this tactic, they become more like those who they criticize?