Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: xbox360 repair

Default xbox360 repair

we have an xbox360 and today came up with an error message. called support they walked us through a few steps but nothing worked. soooo, now we have to send it to microsoft with a $100.00 shipping and repair charge! this will also cover a 1 year warranty on the repair. has anyone done this and how'd it turn out? $100.00 and it's christmas season!

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    we have an xbox360 and today came up with an error message. called support they walked us through a few steps but nothing worked. soooo, now we have to send it to microsoft with a $100.00 shipping and repair charge! this will also cover a 1 year warranty on the repair. has anyone done this and how'd it turn out? $100.00 and it's christmas season!
    I won't be able to help you with xbox issues but quoting the exact error message [[including any funny numbers) here and also Googling it might add some insight.

error message is 73 with one red blinking light. we did google it and they just show some home repairs which we don't want to attempt. it just kills me about the cost

My nephew started with one red light. He ignored it and now has the "xbox 360 Ring of Death" [[all three lights lit) and he was told it was "toast". Not sure if this is what you're experiencing, but thought I'd put it out there....GOOD LUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by agirlintheD View Post
    My nephew started with one red light. He ignored it and now has the "xbox 360 Ring of Death" [[all three lights lit) and he was told it was "toast". Not sure if this is what you're experiencing, but thought I'd put it out there....GOOD LUCK!

yeah, i called a couple of nephews too and they both said the same thing. so, i decided to just send it in for repair. thanks

RROD issues were given an extended 3 year warranty.

I experienced that and it was an easy fix.

Non-RROD you have to shell out the $100 so I said no thanks and got a new Arcade version for less than 200 at Kmart and slapped my 120GB hard drive on it. The new Arcade has a built in memory unit, better chipset to avoid the RROD heat issues and has real HDMI.

ok, not sure what a "RROD" is. have to ask my son just so happened when i took the console in today to ship, the woman told me she always gets the 360's and already shipped 5 today.

"RROD" - red ring of death, gotcha. but that's 3 red rings...we had one. oh well. still pisses me off.