Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Garber Packing Company 1943

I am lookng for information regarding the Garber Packing Company and its affilication with the United Beef Company. Both were convcited of improper pricing in 1943 ...both companies are from Detroit ...individuals were Edward Garber, David Aaron and Charles Klegon. Any information would be great. Thanks for your help

Can't help much.

United Beef Co, wholesale beef
    C. H. Klegon, manager
    2426 Scotten

Edward Garber
    115 W Grixdale, 1940 & 1947

David Aaron
    4070 Clements in 1940, manager for Bay State Packing at 1513 Winder
    17354 Cherrylawn in 1947

Charles Klegon
    11 McLain, apt 326 in 1940
    17144 Pennington in 1947

Thanks Mike ...you seem to be the "Man" today ! Nothing about a court case or convictions anywhere huh?

Retroit Guest

Thanks ...I found that case - that was the appeal but I was looking for the district court case - sorry to be picky ...also I cannot find the street McLain anywhere in Detroit ...can you help?

That must be a misprint. Must have meant McClean in Highland Park, which runs east of Woodward, a few streets south of the Davison. 11 McClean is the Highland Towers apartment building.

Might be it ... does the Highland Towers still exist? used for rentals?

Yes, see this thread for some pictures:

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=3446