blksoul is the greatest poster in the history of DY
    blksoul is the greatest poster in the history of DY.
    blksoul is the greatest poster in the history of DY!

He is Lord of the Board, Supreme Master of All, Genius and will hereby be crowned King.

Attachment 4005

yum

Retroit Guest

I can't wait to discover the thread that prompted this.

Sorry for your loss gnome.

blksoul_x Guest

Lowell, can you let this thread marinate a bit before you move it/ or remove it?....LOL!

Gnome, peace to you!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, we a movement by ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    I can't wait to discover the thread that prompted this.
    Go to the sports forum; "Detroit Lions 2009".

Retroit Guest

Thanks Ray1936, I never would have found it. Football is nothing more than a subversivable manifestanation of the exlpoitativeness of the basic white collective underminining the superlatative exceptionalistations of the black collective.

Thanks Ray1936, I never would have found it. Football is nothing more than a subversivable manifestanation of the exlpoitativeness of the basic white collective underminining the superlatative exceptionalistations of the black collective.
    Yeah....whathesaid.....

gnome, you are a man of your word!
    I'd buy you a beer if we ever run into each other!
    Bx: You called this one. I'll buy you one, too!

Break up the Lions!

OMG for once blksoul is actually funny. and gnome, you are a GOOD sport

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    OMG for once blksoul is actually funny. and gnome, you are a GOOD sport
    Which proves:
    Yes, we CAN all get along!

Peace to all....

Well, yeah, something like that.

Approaching Houston Oiler records, and you know what happened to them.
    They be gone, toast, put a fork in them, they're done.
    jjaba.

Football is nothing more than a subversivable manifestanation of the exlpoitativeness of the basic white collective underminining the superlatative exceptionalistations of the black collective.

Can I get this nominated for this year's quote of the year?

Gnome...I am speechless.

[[Because I am laughing too hard to catch my breath.)

BlksoulX, you rock.

This IS a curious healing...

Cheers and more,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jjaba View Post
    Approaching Houston Oiler records, and you know what happened to them.
    They be gone, toast, put a fork in them, they're done.
    jjaba.
    As a former die-hard Oilers fan, of which I did plenty of dying, it took more than losing records for them to leave. For starters, the greatest collapse in NFL playoff history as they took a 35-3 lead against Buffalo & turned it into a 41-38 loss in OT. Throw in a 12-4 record with homefield advantage the following year, then losing to a weak Montana-led KC team in the playoffs & the fanbase couldn't take it anymore.
    The corker was Bud Adams insisting the city build him a new stadium; a few years earlier he managed to have the Astrodome "renovated" by removing the huge scoreboard & replacing it with several thousand more seats plus a few luxury boxes. Never mind that in order to support the new mezzanine areas, iron girders were permanenlty installed; pity the poor fan who got stuck behind one. During halftime when they hosted the Bengals, I wandered over into those sections: wooden seats & the girder I stood behind blocked out about 50% of the field.
    When he threatened to leave town, the city & fans said "Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!". Many of us felt that the team could stay but he could vamoose for the hills.
    About your Lions...since the Fords own the team & stadium, I don't see them pulling up stakes. If they can build a respectable offensive line, expect both Stafford & Smith to put up consistently good numbers, along with some wins. Not to mention it'll give their defense a chance to rest instead spending 75% of a game on the field.

You guys just gave me the best longest laugh of the day! You are both good sports. This game against two of the weakest teams was maybe the best NFL game of the year.

blksoul_x Guest

See, we can look at sports, [[in this case, the Lions), as a metaphor in white race issues. The Lions, and the sentiments that come along with the history of distaste toward the Lions can be compared to that of the way the world views people of Black African descent. Most will cheer for us from a far, but the reality is, most would rather see the Lions, or African people continue to suffer in despair, because it helps us define our success in the world. As long as the Lions suffer, we have something to point to, to say, I'm better, I'm amerikkkan, and I'm human__go figure!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color we love to hate!

Retroit Guest

Someone is back to his normal self.

oh lord.....here we go again

Retroit Guest

Instead of using a football team as an example of how people can put aside their racial prejudices to work toward a common goal, and instead of noticing how people of all races love [[or hate) the Lions, he spoils the opportunity by suggesting that white people want the Lions to fail because they hate black people.

blksoul_x is the worst poster in the history of DY

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    See, we can look at sports, [[in this case, the Lions), as a metaphor in white race issues. The Lions, and the sentiments that come along with the history of distaste toward the Lions can be compared to that of the way the world views people of Black African descent. Most will cheer for us from a far, but the reality is, most would rather see the Lions, or African people continue to suffer in despair, because it helps us define our success in the world. As long as the Lions suffer, we have something to point to, to say, I'm better, I'm amerikkkan, and I'm human__go figure!

blksoul_atcha!
    What a bunch of crap. But I'd still buy you the beer...

DetroitDad Guest

see, we can look at sports, [[in this case, the lions), as a metaphor in white race issues. The lions, and the sentiments that come along with the history of distaste toward the lions can be compared to that of the way the world views people of black african descent. Most will cheer for us from a far, but the reality is, most would rather see the lions, or african people continue to suffer in despair, because it helps us define our success in the world. As long as the lions suffer, we have something to point to, to say, i'm better, i'm amerikkkan, and i'm human__go figure!

blksoul_atcha!
    the bjl, the color we love to hate!
    amen!!!!!!

Ravine Guest

blksoul_atcha!
    Horseshit. It's a sports team. It's a sports situation. If you want to strain a pectoral muscle, as a result of so absurdly over-reaching for a dime-store metaphor, go right ahead, but I think it is comically foolish.

Retroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    But I'd still buy you the beer...
    See, we can look at alcohol, [[in this case, beer), as a metaphor in white race issues. Beer, and the sentiments that come along with the history of distaste toward sobriety can be compared to that of the way the world views people of Black African descent. Most will cheer for us from a far, but the reality is, most would rather see the African people continue to suffer from alcoholism, because it helps us define our success in the world. As long as blacks keep becoming alcoholics, we have something to point to, to say, I'm better, I'm amerikkkan, and I'm human__go figure!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color that loves to be hated!

[[There blksoul_x, I saved you another post.)

Beer is not a metaphor.
    Please, this agnostic has few things to believe in. Let me simply enjoy my beer, without being told it is a tool to control people of color. It was first brewed by Egyptians, for crying out loud!

Retroit Guest

See, we can look at agnosticism...

blksoul_x Guest

Hey 'Gnome', a bet is a bet!

I HUGGED MY MOM, IN FRONT OF MY BROTHER, SISTER, 5 NIECES, AND NEPHEWS, AND ACKNOWLEGING THE BLESSINGS OF......

'THE GREAT GNOME'!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, we a movement by ourselves!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast