Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: southwest

Default southwest

Any one grew up in Southwest Detroit?

Me, Me, Me....
    Lane and Lawndale.
    Wilson JH, Western HS Grad.
    Moved there from Burnett and Joy Rd, Oct 31 1967, left 20 Aug 1973.
    Home of record till Sep 1995.

Lawndale and Olivet, Wilson then Southwestern, '65 grad then Sam got me in '66 and I did't go back. I loved the old neighborhood, sad what it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by larrym View Post
    Any one grew up in Southwest Detroit?
    Lived on Logan, Gartner, apartments on Vernor, and finally Wendell from about 1961 - 1970.

Lived in Delray from 1980 into the 90s

SW Resident - Delray 1989-1992, 129 W. Grand 1992-1997, 3417 Clippert 1997-2002, 3475 Clippert 2002-2008, now an Eastsider West Village 2008 - Present....

I was born and raised on Military between John Kronk and Ranspach. The neigh-borhood is gone now. It took years for me to be able to sleep without listening to trains all the time. There was a dry ice company on John Kronk and Hammond, and there was some type of business on Hammond by the railroad tracks. On the corner of Livernois and John Kronk there was an old, very large YMCA and it was finally torn down. Further down Military [[passed Ranspach) was another viaduct, and years ago they fenced it in because people were getting murdered in there. Those were the days when we had corner grocery stores, and the guys would be sitting on the corner in their do-rags singing harmony! Left the area in '66 when I moved to the Cass Corridor area. Left that area when I got married in '72.