Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tiger Woods

Great pairing today. Will Tiger today avenge his 2006 loss to Padraig Harrington? "Get in the hole!"

Gotta love Harrington's confident swag. I love competition!

This thread should be moved to the sports section.

It will be the first time Woods and Harrington have played in the final pairing since the 2006 Dunlop Phoenix on the Japan Golf Tour, which featured a rare collapse by the world's No. 1 player. Woods blew a three-shot lead with six holes to play, then lost to Harrington on the second playoff hole. ---By DOUG FERGUSON [[AP)
    Last edited by vetalalumni; August-09-09 at 01:13 PM.

Blarf Guest

Tiger Woods did indeed ripp a fart. To funny.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Great pairing today. Will Tiger today avenge his 2006 loss to Padraig Harrington? "Get in the hole!"

Gotta love Harrington's confident swag. I love competition!

This thread should be moved to the sports section.
    Too bad his cousin Joey lost his swag.

ccbatson Guest

He [[Tiger) is so reserved, it would be great to hear more from him as an inspiration for young people if nothing else.

What happened to Harrington? Did Tiger playing out of turn shake him? Being rushed?
    Woods was asked if he won at Firestone because of the 8-iron he hit into the 16th for birdie, or Harrington being rushed.
    "Both," he said. I think I hit a good shot that put a little heat him. But also, I think the worst he would have made would have been bogey." --- By DOUG FERGUSON [[AP)
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...Qr-jwD99VMS300

Tiger Woods stood up for Harrington and now faces an obligatory USPGA fine for his trouble.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aoqgO2Gk04a8

That's hilarious. Unless the fine is in the 50 million dollar range, it won't even be noticed by Tiger.

That said, putting the leaders on the clock was a bush decision. I agree with Tiger completely.

ccbatson Guest

If those are the rules, I am sure Tiger was aware of them, and decided to do what he did knowing the consequences...good for him.

USPGA fines were not levied against Tiger after all, however he remains atypically vocal about the discretion of the time watching rules official at the Bridgestone Invitational.

Tiger did not fart [[sh1t) where he eats on the 18th on the final day of the Buick.

Any predictions for the PGA Championship this weekend?

ccbatson Guest

There you go...he played the game of diplomacy and came out on top.

Tiger is doing well today. Par for the course - for him only.

ccbatson Guest

He should run for President [[of the United States)

Will Lucas Glover make up ground today?

How does a thread get moved to the sports section?

ccbatson Guest

Good point Vet...that is the place for this thread. As far as how to do it, I will make a request, and we will see what happens.

What an exciting finish today. Nice pairing. Yang was very impressive with great attitude. The quiet competition was great as well.

Thanks for initiating the move request ccbatson. Was it a private message to Lowell that did it? I did not want to unnecessarily bother him with this sort of thing.

Tiger has faltered as of late. Nowhere near an expert, I have no analysis except to parrot what the sportscasters have said.

Tiger has to start watching his temper. He's irritating a lot of his fans with his tantrums when he flubs a drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Tiger has to start watching his temper. He's irritating a lot of his fans with his tantrums when he flubs a drive.
    True that. Not admirable at all.

TIGER VS. WILSON [[1:15 p.m.): Don't expect Mark Wilson to be intimidated by Tiger Woods today when the two tee off in a half-hour from now.

Yes, Woods beat Wilson to win his second U.S. Junior in 1991. But the underdog did own the lead with five holes to go and only lost 1 down. Their history as pros is pretty even, too.

In the four times the two have been played together since playing for par, Wilson has won one and tied another with Woods beating him by a total of just three shots in the other two. All four of those rounds came at the Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard at Bay Hill.

-- Helen Ross, PGATOUR.COM Staff
    This is exciting.

Tiger was impressive.

Will Tiger pick up his second FedEx Cup this weekend?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2