Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods

Default Tiger Woods

Do you think Tiger will win the 2009 Masters? I found myself hoping the current leaders would do well in order to challenge Tiger come Sunday when he makes his charge.

I would like to see him miss the cut. at -2, he still has a lot of work to do. We can't just assume he is going to make a push every Sunday, especially the way Perry is playing, and Lefty showed up today...so who knows

At seven back, you can't count him out. However, I think he only has a certain number of miracles coming in his career, and this year's Open doesn't appear to be one of them.

That aside, isn't Augusta just one BEAUTIFUL golf course?

Perry and Campbell are playing very well and make for a very nice buddies story. Mickelson looked good as well. Other players are ramping up their game. Good for the sport overall.
    Last edited by vetalalumni; April-11-09 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Perry and Campbell are playing very well and make for a very nice buddies story. Mickelson looked good as well. Other players are ramping up their game. Good for the sport overall.
    Methinks you're missing Cabrera...

Methinks you're missing Cabrera...
    Yep. Missed the last hour yesterday. Tiger will need help from the leaders today.

Yep. Missed the last hour yesterday. Tiger will need help from the leaders today.
    If Angel and Kenny play today like they did yesterday, Tiger is gonna be watching from the clubhouse for a LONG time this afternoon

Will Tiger succumb to A.K. today?

Tiger 2.0 in the house. Someone please bring some competition around. Please!

ccbatson Guest

Remember that the surgery he had will likely take more than a year to rehabilitate sufficiently for him to regain his consistency and performance.

Tiger's back. That 22 foot putt he made on 16 was a thing of beauty to put him one up and allowing him to coast to the win.

I'm one of those who has no sense of awe of celebrities. They put their pants on one leg at a time just like me. But I'll make an exception for Tiger. Him....I greatly admire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Tiger's back. That 22 foot putt he made on 16 was a thing of beauty to put him one up and allowing him to coast to the win.

I'm one of those who has no sense of awe of celebrities. They put their pants on one leg at a time just like me. But I'll make an exception for Tiger. Him....I greatly admire.
    Michael Allen's exciting eagle on 9 was great. AK is young, but appears to have a mean streak just like Tiger. Mahan was exceptional in the final round.

We need a dedicated Sport Section for sports threads.

ccbatson Guest

He is coming back, but a single performance is not a enough to tell...consistency is the name of the game. He is awesome though [[even while in recovery from surgery).

Tiger is obviously doping.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Tiger is obviously doping.
    How so? Please define.

Tiger is 8/5 favorite to win the British Open in the LV sports books.

How so? Please define.
    Just being facetious, since CCbatson proclaimed knowledge in the Tour de Lance thread that Lance Armstrong is doping.

ccbatson Guest

I believe golf may be one of the few sports free of performance enhancing drug use [[likewise bowling)...not exactly a strength and/or endurance activity....precision/control/accuracy/consistency predominate and don't lend themselves to drugs.

The Tiger is looking confident at the Buick today.

ccbatson Guest

He is amazing. recovering to top form so quickly after the surgery he had is remarkable.

Sounded like either Steve or Tiger ripped a fart upon first arriving at the 18th today [[they were both smiling). And "get in the hole!" was funnier to hear on this the likely final Buick Open. Tiger appeared comfortable enough to risk testing a few ideas.

Tiger Woods is not only a superb golfer, but one class act as well.

Sounded like either Steve or Tiger ripped a fart upon first arriving at the 18th today [[they were both smiling). And "get in the hole!" was funnier to hear on this the likely final Buick Open. Tiger appeared comfortable enough to risk testing a few ideas.
    i heard it too

ccbatson Guest

Class act...and, I think he might be conservative as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast