Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: NHL Playoffs

I think we'll be great in game 7. We didn't win one game in Pittsburgh, but they didn't win one game in Detroit, and that's where the party's headed! Let's win the cup at home Go Red Wings!

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone NOT believe that the Wings will take the seventh game here at home? I know this is a pro-Detroit site but does anyone here [[honestly) worry about how this team will rise to the occasion? I know by the time it gets to a final and deciding game, ANYTHING can happen and we've won before but is anyone truly worried or are we being too smug in regards to our team's abilities?

I think we'll win here at home too but there is a slight glimmer of doubt- a stupid bounce, an injury, Fleury having the game of a century, bad officiating and a whole slew of things could snatch victory from our grasps.

Optimism tempered with realism.

Quote: "are we being too smug in regards to our team's abilities?"

Remember game 5 here? When the refs were calling the penalties on the Penguins. They won last night because we lost 4 or 5 powerplays on missed calls. The Wings will win it handily Friday night. All they need to do is get one or two goals and it's over. The Penguins are not good sportsman, they are young and emotional and will come unraveled, just like they did in game 5. Get ready to party.

I hope so..this has been another great series...I do beleive we had forces working against us in th elast game ..but you still have to play.. I am sure hopeful

know this is a pro-Detroit site but does anyone here [[honestly) worry about how this team will rise to the occasion?
    I do becuase the Pens are a sneaky team that scores on flukes and moron mistakes by the Wings...not a bad strategy but you can bet your ass that the Wings will be on the ball on Friday. They looked half-assed almost on purpose. Home game at the Joe with a solid Osgood and Datsyuk back on the ice skating circles around the birds.

ccbatson Guest

Heck yea we need to worry....the finals against a team that pulled up to even with solid victories is not going to be easy to beat.

I was so tired last night, I fell asleep in my chair before the 2nd period! Slept there all night too! First thing I uttered to my husband this morning was, "Did we win The Cup?"

Well, guys - anything can happen when they're down to the wire like this, but you all know that. I'm very hopeful the Wings will win The Cup. I will stay awake and watch this one for sure. It's bound to be an electrifying game!

Nails should grow a little bit by Friday...

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    Nails should grow a little bit by Friday...
    Except for Game 5, it's been that kind of series!

Can't wait to see Bettman's face when he hands the Cup over to Lidstrom.

I wonder what kind of excuses that "Pierre" McGuire will come up with as the Pens lose. He's as impartial as Bettman.

ccbatson Guest

When it is this close, it is best not to boast about a win before it happens.

Power of positive thinking Batts.

I'm with bats. This game can go either way. Live with it.

Very true, Ray. Regardless of the complaints about officiating, Pittsburgh was never going to roll over. We knew this would be tough--and nervewracking!

Grapes says that the Wings will win--there's impartiality for you!!

Well, I'm gonna wear my official Red Wings house slippers for good measure!

I think Pittsburgh has a great chance to win this game. Just a hunch...

ccbatson Guest

I agree that positive thinking is a needed ingredient, but not from the fans. For a fan to crow about an upcoming victory before it happens may just mean that he/she is going to be eating that crow if they are wrong.

Pittsburgh will try anything to win...

Interesting tid bit of the day that I thought of myself this morning and did not use ESPN or wikipedia:

Today is June 12th. The Red Wings are playing for their 12th Stanley Cup ring today. This could also be their 5th championship in 12 years. Coincidence? Maybe...

Quote: "Today is June 12th. The Red Wings are playing for their 12th Stanley Cup ring today. This could also be their 5th championship in 12 years. Coincidence? Maybe..."

And the Mayan calendar says the world will end in 2012, What does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote:

And the Mayan calendar says the world will end in 2012, What does it mean?
    I looked around for a Mayan to ask him/her, and couldn't seem to find any.

What's the deal with Sidney Crosby and Mario Lemieux anyway?

ccbatson Guest

Maybe a coincidence Stashmoo? Come on, I know hockey players are superstitious, but they aren't mystic kooks.

Well, I was dead wrong. But the better team won. Any team that goes down two games to none, then wins four out of five, deserves the cup. They wanted it more.
    Great series!

Sigh...
    Congrats to teh Pens for winning teh Stanley...

Pens fans give Hossa big Nyah-Nyah...

ccbatson Guest

#$&&@@**..and I never swear.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12