Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What toy from your youth would you bring back?

For me -- the Kenner SSTs -- especially the demolition derby. I had around 15 of the cars. of course, whilst away at college, mom donated them all to the church rummage sale

Secret Sam briefcase.

http://www.loti.com/secret_sam.htm

Jarts.

My old slinky and my Midge doll, who was cousin to Barbie.........I miss my old Barbies, esp since they would be worth a small fortune today......

I also miss my Susie Baker oven and the game Operation. Gee with Christmas around the corner, Im tempted to go to EBAY and see if I could purchase some old toy from my youth and enjoy it. Jane

For me it would be this toy shown in this 1961 downtown J. L. Hudsons store Christmas window display....

... oopps... my bad... it's still around and is today the world's 3rd largest toy company!

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    For me -- the Kenner SSTs -- especially the demolition derby. I had around 15 of the cars. of course, whilst away at college, mom donated them all to the church rummage sale
    I had about six of them myself. Actually they're called "SSP" but I'm not going to knock you on that.
    Speaking of Smash Up Derby...put 'em back agin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aBxw-EJiLQ

I have no idea why I put the "T" instead of "P" -- I was just looking for some and had it right in google -- thanks!

smash up derby on ebay for $150+
    Last edited by rb336; November-19-09 at 04:40 PM.

One of the toys would be a large cannister of American Brick building bricks. They were like Legos, but you built all kinds of houses/buildings with them. My set had cardboard roofs, fenestra windows, all kinds of stuff. My parents gave all my stuff away when we moved [[I was away at college).

What, no Lincoln Logs?

Not a toy but I would bring back the Mr. Wizard tv show.He was showing kids how to make varations of Draino bombs lol

A Porter chemistry set. I had the biggest one made -- six sections. It was so disappointing that you couldn't do anything dangerous with it though. I had to wait for high school to do that.

We had such a cool chemistry teacher. She taught us how to make rum and let me drive her 'vette! Er, not necessarily in that order.
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-19-09 at 08:46 PM.

Aw, there's no question about my answer. Here's Ray1936 about 1951 or so. Mom gave away all my Lionel trains after I moved out without asking me. I'm still pissed.
    Last edited by Ray1936; August-01-10 at 08:25 PM.

erector set

Ray1936..I second that!

My collection of trucks. I had a logging truck, a reefer, steel hauler w/pup, dump truck and a few others. All carefully maintained and cleaned before being put in the basement. Came home one day and they were all gone. My mom had given them to my younger cousins. The next time we visited them the trucks were scattered in their yard, wet and dirty. Wheels were broken and missing. I was sick. Never missed the opportunity to remind her to ask me if I still wanted keep something.

ccbatson Guest

Evil Knievel rev it up and watch it crash motorcycle set.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    What, no Lincoln Logs?
    I have a friend who has a Lincoln Log house

I still have some of my old toys. It probably would have been better if my Mom had given them away without telling me, now I don't know what to do with them. Anyone need one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/SEARS-EXCLUSI...item35a45df0a0

All the Transformers I had from the mid 80s.....

Posin Crissy? Shes a poser?

All the Transformers I had from the mid 80s.....
    Seconded!

...also Jarts. made the game more fun if the risk of impalement was involved.

I had a hop a roo that I loved. I also got a punch balloon for my 6th B-day that was fun. It disappeared pretty quickly though because I would not stop teasing the dog with it.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    My collection of trucks. I had a logging truck, a reefer, steel hauler w/pup, dump truck and a few others. All carefully maintained and cleaned before being put in the basement. Came home one day and they were all gone. My mom had given them to my younger cousins. The next time we visited them the trucks were scattered in their yard, wet and dirty. Wheels were broken and missing. I was sick. Never missed the opportunity to remind her to ask me if I still wanted keep something.

Parents like that are why eBay is what is today!

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    Parents like that are why eBay is what is today!
    I also learned to hide things.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Jarts.

My goodness, I had forgotten about those! Just the MEMORY takes me back.

I would say the wooden paddles with rubber bands and balls attached. Nerf balls. Yo-yo's. Slinkeys. The etch-a-sketch [[which was my absolute FAVORITE back in kindergarten!) Silly Putty. Lincoln Logs. And of course the board games. Monopoly. Sorry. Life. Wheel & Deal [[which I don't think exists anymore and which few if any people may still remember, but it's similar to Monopoly and [[in my opinion) a much better and greatly expanded game of that genre.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast