Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    ccbatson Guest

Just beginning...for good or bad.

Rideron Guest

If someone like Ariana Huffington can rise to the level of becoming a major legitimate political influence in this Nation, after a career of playing a lovable dingbat housewife on "Green Acres"; why can't a former Governor of a Alaska be President????

"The very efforts to figuratively 'destroy' her are seen by her supporters who identify stongly with her as attacks on them all, because they support her, and this simply throws more fuel on the fire of her support".

Thank you, one could say exactly the same thing about Barbara Rose Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideron View Post
    If someone like Ariana Huffington can rise to the level of becoming a major legitimate political influence in this Nation, after a career of playing a lovable dingbat housewife on "Green Acres"; why can't a former Governor of a Alaska be President????
    If that wasn't intended as a joke, it's even funnier than if it were!

I'm sorry, Rideron. I thought you were trying to mock Palin supporters. Reading back, now I see you are a Palin supporter -- or intended to be one. My mistake.

Um, I think that's exactly the kind of help she doesn't need.

LMAO!
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-21-09 at 11:34 PM.

why can't a former Governor of a Alaska be President????
    Because she would quit before her term was up?

why can't a former Governor of a Alaska be President????
    You mean there is more than ONE!?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideron View Post
    If someone like Ariana Huffington can rise to the level of becoming a major legitimate political influence
    Who's she again, and how has she influenced America?

Or are you just another, in a long list of right wing fear mongers?

He meant to say influence on Fox news--the Government.

Green acres??? WTF?

Rideron Guest

Heh heh hehhhhh...

ccbatson Guest

Maniacal fear causing careless outburst from the left regarding Palin...very interesting...I am not sure what they fear so much.

You go girl! Please get nominated by your party!

Green acres??? WTF?
    Lame joke. Eva Gabor had an accent and so does Arianna Huffington.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Lame joke. Eva Gabor had an accent and so does Arianna Huffington.
    Yet one comes from Hungary and the other from Greece. Absolutely no connection between the two other than "they don't sound like me."

It's like citing The Onion as a source.

I'm still laughing.

Quote: "Eva Gabor had an accent and so does Arianna Huffington."

Ok, well I'm totally lost now.. Is this person trying to imply that Arianna Huffngton was meesus Douglas? I mean if my eyes were closed, I could tell the difference between her and Zsa zsa Gabor. I think I could anyway. They sure as hell don't look alike. Maybe his TV has no video?

Eva, not Zsa Zsa. They're sisters.

Palin's biggest problem will be the tenacity of the meme that her followers aren't too bright. I'm anticipating more events similar to Rideron's faux pas.
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-22-09 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Palin's biggest problem will be the tenacity of the meme that her followers aren't too bright.
    What exactly is the average IQ score of the Palin supporters? Source?

Source?!

It's laughably evident that Ariana Huffington is indeed not Eva Gabor. That the assertion itself was made raised the question of "average IQ score of the Palin supporters" in your own mind, not mine.

Where's the source for "Ariana Huffington is Eva Gabor?" There is none -- because it's yet another of continuing falsehoods. That is the issue you're deliberately avoiding.

Source?
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-23-09 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Source?!

It's laughably evident that Ariana Huffington is indeed not Eva Gabor. That the assertion itself was made raised the question of "average IQ score of the Palin supporters" in your own mind, not mine.

Where's the source for "Ariana Huffington is Eva Gabor?" There is none -- because it's yet another of continuing falsehoods. That is the issue you're deliberately avoiding.

Source?
    It didn't raise a question in my mind nor did I reference either Ariana Huffington or Eva Gabor. I was curious about the basis of your generalizing about Palin supporters not being bright. I had hoped you had some numbers or a study as a basis. It was instead, as you explained, one of those "All --------- people are ---------" profiling statements based on an anecdote. I am not a Palin supporter for the record.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Maniacal fear causing careless outburst from the left regarding Palin...very interesting...I am not sure what they fear so much.
    They fear the continuing influence this bubblehead has on the unwashed conservative masses.

It's sad--and instructive--that the right wing can't find a more substantive spokesperson than The Quitter.

Why is Palin constantly playing the victim card, thats so un-conservative? She is showing that she is more about herself and her bank account than serving America, putting egg on the faces of her worshipers.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Why is Palin constantly playing the victim card, thats so un-conservative?
    Because she's a whiner and a quitter.

Sterling qualities that reccommend her as suited for the highest office in the land, according to the conservatives.

More interviews with Palin supporters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKKgua7wQk

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    Because she's a whiner and a quitter.

Sterling qualities that reccommend her as suited for the highest office in the land, according to the conservatives.
    Exactly. She's acting like a middle-school girl, not a leader. She drops what she's doing to issue angry tweets every time someone says something "mean" about her. A real leader learns to rise above such pettiness.
    Putting her in the Oval Office would be like having Kwame in there, circa February 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    Putting her in the Oval Office would be like having Kwame in there, circa February 2008.
    Except that instead of having one little city to loot, she would have an entire country.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast