Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I found one non-original source so d.mcc will have to provide the original source.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6013000AAN5c2A

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Whoa. Where did those quotes come from?
    Ditto. Are you sure those are real? Any one of them would have derailed her before she even hit the campaign trail last year.

That really is not fair. Those quotes should not even be posted here w/o any evidence that she really spoke or wrote them. You people should not bash ccbatson for spreading lies and nonsense and do the same thing yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    Ditto. Are you sure those are real? Any one of them would have derailed her before she even hit the campaign trail last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    That really is not fair. Those quotes should not even be posted here w/o any evidence that she really spoke or wrote them. You people should not bash ccbatson for spreading lies and nonsense and do the same thing yourselves.
    I'll check the sources when I get home, if they prove to be false, which after a quick hunt it appears most are half true, I will delete the post.

–noun 1. a dishonest, knavish person; scoundrel. 2. a playfully mischievous person; scamp: The youngest boys are little rogues. 3. a tramp or vagabond. 4. a rogue elephant or other animal of similar disposition. 5. Biology. a usually inferior organism, esp. a plant, varying markedly from the normal.
    –verb [[used without object) 6. to live or act as a rogue.
    –verb [[used with object) 7. to cheat. 8. to uproot or destroy [[plants, etc., that do not conform to a desired standard). 9. to perform this operation upon: to rogue a field.
    –adjective 10. [[of an animal) having an abnormally savage or unpredictable disposition, as a rogue elephant. 11. no longer obedient, belonging, or accepted and hence not controllable or answerable; deviating, renegade: a rogue cop; a rogue union local.

Origin:
    1555–65; appar. short for obs. roger begging vagabond, orig. cant word

Synonyms:
    1. villain, trickster, swindler, cheat, mountebank, quack.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post

odd, i never see you post something similar with all the BS crap that certain people post here about Obama.

most of those quotes appear to be paraphrasing other brain-dead republicans. I think the one about black people was actually said by diddy

ccbatson Guest

So bad and laughable that nobody will believe a word out of the person that posted them [[D.mcc) ever again...oh, wait...we already knew that...well, confirmation then.

Rideron Guest

Well, who will be the first to blame the fictional quotes on George Bush?

According to Snopes.com they have been verified, But I am looking for more resources. I originally lifted them from a Snopes discussion, as verified.

Funny that CC who has never posted anything to back anything up is attacking the validity of ONE thing I have posted that has been questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    So bad and laughable that nobody will believe a word out of the person that posted them [[D.mcc) ever again...oh, wait...we already knew that...well, confirmation then.
    YAY! Bats will have someone to play with in the penalty box!

I wouldn't boast too much about that. No one believes anything you say either.

ccbatson Guest

D.mcc, you are digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole....Normally I would let the liberal self destruction go, but this time, it is so pathetic that I am feeling a little bit sorry for you.

D.mcc, you are digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole....Normally I would let the liberal self destruction go, but this time, it is so pathetic that I am feeling a little bit sorry for you.
    How am I digging a hole? I admitted I was wrong, said I couldn't verify the sources, so I removed the quotes that were unverifiable. If anything, that seems like the adult thing to do, rather than ignore the issue and go post in other threads...

ccbatson Guest

It didn't read like that to me...but if true, I apologize.

It didn't read like that to me...but if true, I apologize.
    No need to apologize.

Blarf Guest

Do any actual conservatives support Palin? The only ones I see supporting her are only doing so because the "liberal media is being unfair".

I think both sides pretty much agree that this woman is clueless. I would be interesting in seeing Palin debate financial markets, economic strategy and foreign policy with someone like Ron Paul,

I'm no hardcore Ron Paul supporter, but when it comes to economics, he does his research and is very knowledgeable. He can also articulate and explain his positions. How would she hold up debating him?

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Do any actual conservatives support Palin? The only ones I see supporting her are only doing so because the "liberal media is being unfair".
    Exactly. She's painting herself as the victim of a biased, unfair, evil media that's out to get her, and she's coming off as a whiny little baby who's not even close to being ready for the national stage. Not very conservative, playing the "victim" card, is it?

Rideron Guest

The painful thing about Palin for her opposition is that she's like the indestructable cockroach.

The easiest and most tempting way for those opposed to her Palin is to simply objectify her, i.e. "she's a simplicitic rube, a moron, she's a phony, worse than a case of shingles' etc. etc.

And from her recent interviews, it's apparent she's not inclined to make any effort toward changing the minds of her ardent opposition. If she were to re-enter politics, any success she may have would in no possible calculation include that group anyway.

To best deal with the enemy you need to know the enemy. But it appears so far that the anti-Palinists are not open to understanding anything about her. "Understanding" is being overridden by the resolve to simply and quickly destroy her.

But here's the problem with that. The very efforts to figuratively 'destroy' her are seen by her supporters who identify stongly with her as attacks on them all, because they support her, and this simply throws more fuel on the fire of her support.

Blarf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rideron View Post

To best deal with the enemy you need to know the enemy. But it appears so far that the anti-Palinists are not open to understanding anything about her. "Understanding" is being overridden by the resolve to simply and quickly destroy her.

Good point to bring up.

Do people who support her even know where she stands on political issues? How well would she hold up in a formal debate?

She's basically a female version of Obama, minus the public speaking skills.

lilpup Guest

LOL, she quit on the job...again...

http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...s-left-in-cold

We certainly have seen her "family values". She make more money as a circus freak on her book tour. Why indeed should she fullfill her obligations as an elected official.

She really doesn't have any "opposition". The media is making money off of her just like she is making money off of them. No one is forcing them to spend that much time covering a "book tour". The only real newsworthy thing that has happened since the election is her resignation from her office. She has not done anything or said anything important since the election.

But I do agree with you that she is a moron and a phony.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideron View Post
    The painful thing about Palin for her opposition is that she's like the indestructable cockroach.

The easiest and most tempting way for those opposed to her Palin is to simply objectify her, i.e. "she's a simplicitic rube, a moron, she's a phony, worse than a case of shingles' etc. etc.

And from her recent interviews, it's apparent she's not inclined to make any effort toward changing the minds of her ardent opposition. If she were to re-enter politics, any success she may have would in no possible calculation include that group anyway.

But here's the problem with that. The very efforts to figuratively 'destroy' her are seen by her supporters who identify stongly with her as attacks on them all, because they support her, and this simply throws more fuel on the fire of her support.

I'm signing in as a representative for my Mom. On Thursday of this week I was visiting dear sweet Motherdear in Lansing and a good chunk of our time was spent discussing sarah Palin, where the book might be found, the possibility of getting one signed ... it was all Sarah All The Time.

Not being a SP fan, tried to dissuade Motherdear away from SP verve, but she is hooked. Like a teenager in love with Paul McCartney, she is agog over the woman. Motherdear had the opportunity of meeting SP during the campaign last year and is fascinated with everything Sarah. We even discussed her flawless complexion and choice of eye-wear.

Tiresome. But Motherdear represents a huge part of the voting populace and as such has to be considered. I talked to her about the vapid nature of SP's non-platforms and she compared them to the equally vague rhetoric offered by Mr. Obama on the campaign trail.

touche

"Why is 'lower taxes' any more vapid then 'Change'? Change what? Change how? Change when?"

For 85 she's no slouch.

The point is that Americans in general are falling for increasingly vague and amorphous rhetoric and while this is nothing new [[refer to Ike over Adlai) it has come to the point where we as a voting populace are now consumers of pablum punditry.
    Last edited by gnome; November-21-09 at 09:58 AM.

What the heck! I'll be my Mom's mouthpiece. She will be 90 in January and is surprisingly liberal. I can't repeat on line what she called Sarah.

Her only short coming is she thinks computers are the work of the devil. Her sister who is 84 is far more competent then I am at navigating the web.

My Mom taught me to only say nice things about people so for the record SP has nice thick hair.

Isn't Palin's 15 minutes up yet? The woman is a complete embarrassment to America everywhere she goes.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast