Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Sarah Palin's Book Tour

Sarah Palin's stops in Grand Rapids to sign her new book. Crowds waited for hours to see her. Really? Does she really have something worthwhile to say? Are republicans really thinking about her as a presidential candidate for 2012? What makes her really qualified to be president? Someone, please explain the hoopla?

Rideron Guest

royce:

Don't let it bother you.

No matter what she might say, it would obviously never be 'worthwhile' to certain people.

No matter what she might do, she will obviously never be 'qualified' to be President to certain others.

Finally, those people who by reflex are anti-Palin are not open to understanding anything about her, their mission is to destroy her. Making any effort to 'understand' her interferes with the purpose of destruction.

Same thing with Obama, on the other side.

ile

Why didnt Mrs. Palin come to downtown Detroit for a book signing? Any ideas ??

Rideron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stonechipped View Post
    Why didnt Mrs. Palin come to downtown Detroit for a book signing? Any ideas ??

Yes, I have an idea why...

A large percentage of the people that are strongly Anti-Sarah Palin appear to be aligned with the Democratic Party in their beliefs.

Detroit has a large percentage of its population that is aligned with the Democratic Party in their beliefs.

I believe this circumstance may have contributed to a decision that Sarah Palin probably would not benefit; in either her bookselling efforts, or in her general public relations efforts, by coming to Detroit.

Fidel Guest

Palin's trailer trash, always has been. Hope she wins the rethuglican ticket, beacause then Obama would win all 50 states.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Does she really have something worthwhile to say?
    judging by her TV appearances, no. judging by the little, pointless lies [[like the whole going on SNL bit being her idea, even though her own emails showed she was very resistant to the idea) sprinkled throughout, she is a pathological liar

Are republicans really thinking about her as a presidential candidate for 2012?
    we can only hope

American's seem to have this obsession with celebrities, and Palin is nothing more than the latest in a long line of pop-culture icons. The only difference between her and Paris Hilton is that Palin holds many radical, fringe right views and Hilton seems incapable of forming views.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Sarah Palin's stops in Grand Rapids to sign her new book. Crowds waited for hours to see her. Really? Does she really have something worthwhile to say? Are republicans really thinking about her as a presidential candidate for 2012? What makes her really qualified to be president? Someone, please explain the hoopla?
    CNN interviews Palin supporters in Grand Rapids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXKuDYvM6Wk

The hoopla is that often times some Americans like to embrace somebody that is seen as being "one of them[[i.e. not one of them "elites")...It's why Bush's handlers used to put him out in a flannel shirt, clearing brush for the cameras. In Palin, Americans who are completely clueless on foreign policy as well as domestic issues, [[but know what they feel in their gut) see someone as dumb as themselves;

It's just like how some Detroiters see someone as dumb as themselves in Barbara Rose Collins or [[insert your favorite mayor or CC members past or present here.)

Look at the bright side; there's ample material for comedy writers here, and the the ability of the GOP to continuously nominate morons to high places is shown to be consistent.

And, Detroiters who have scratched their heads at the overwhelming idiocy of their elected officials can feel a connection with the rest of America.

Palin is just another clown in the big circus the media has made out of our government.

This lady is the epitome of a dingbat. Ha, her interviews were something like an SNL skit. The interview would be going ok and then all of sudden she'd swing off on some crazy tangent. Saying some of the most nonsensical things to ever come out of one's mouth and you could see the nervousness as she knew her mouth was moving but had no idea what was controlling it. Very entertaining. Generally the interviewer was equally entertaining as they would seem to enter into this awkward gaze, not really knowing how to proceed. Tenuous.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; November-19-09 at 11:10 AM.

There is more to this story, from other reading and 'research' I've encountered along the way, we just may be able to get a pretty accurate count of the CIA MK-Ultra programmed mind slaves around the country. All we have to do is add up the totals at each stop then subtract the number of mobile folks...those who are being bussed or travel on their own in order to insure a strong turnout at these stops.

There is a book out that I will be reading soon, "You Might Be a Pingie".

More to the story than mere attraction. Palin is a total freak, whom everyone should be able to see through and shun as any form of leader...but still they cannot resist, all doe-eyed with some nearly drooling.

The only conclusion I can make is they are mind-controlled slaves.

They, of course, will deny it. It is all part of the 'programming'.

I don't think that Palin is able to win the presidency for some of the reasons listed above. Her neocon pro-war tendencies are enough to drive me away, If she was President, we would, for instance, probably be expanding the war in Afghanistan and bombing Pakistan. I wouldn't vote for such a candidate. I do have a question though. Why is the Main Street Media giving her so much free air time? It is sort of like thay are trying to build her up. She was recently on the Oprah show and gave Oprah her highest program rating for years.

Quote: "They, of course, will deny it. It is all part of the 'programming'."

John, it's a vicious circle.

Television is brainwashing people. The longer I stay away from it, the more phony and biased it appears. De-program thyself.

Quote: "Why is the Main Street Media giving her so much free air time?"

Quote: "If she was President, we would, for instance, probably be expanding the war in Afghanistan and bombing Pakistan."

oladud is so correct..why are we feeding into an empty concept like her skills other than being a good anchor at best.

dfunkycity Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel View Post
    Palin's trailer trash, always has been. Hope she wins the rethuglican ticket, beacause then Obama would win all 50 states.
    U mean all 57 states don't you?

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." -- George W. Bush interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by barnesfoto View Post
    The hoopla is that often times some Americans like to embrace somebody that is seen as being "one of them[[i.e. not one of them "elites")...It's why Bush's handlers used to put him out in a flannel shirt, clearing brush for the cameras. In Palin, Americans who are completely clueless on foreign policy as well as domestic issues, [[but know what they feel in their gut) see someone as dumb as themselves;

It's just like how some Detroiters see someone as dumb as themselves in Barbara Rose Collins or [[insert your favorite mayor or CC members past or present here.)

Look at the bright side; there's ample material for comedy writers here, and the the ability of the GOP to continuously nominate morons to high places is shown to be consistent.

And, Detroiters who have scratched their heads at the overwhelming idiocy of their elected officials can feel a connection with the rest of America.
    Ouch, Barnesfoto.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I do have a question though. Why is the Main Street Media giving her so much free air time? It is sort of like thay are trying to build her up. She was recently on the Oprah show and gave Oprah her highest program rating for years.
    Is it a conspiracy?

"Who calls a shot like that? Who makes a decision like that? It's a disturbing trend." –Sarah Palin, pushing a conspiracy theory that "In God We Trust" had been moved to the edge of coins because of the Obama administration [[the change was made by the Bush administration in 2007 and was later reversed by Congress, before Obama took office), West Allis, Wisconsin, Nov. 6, 2009

"I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." --Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009

I say, "Let her talk". No one can possibly hurt her chances for the presidency any more than she can herself...

Blarf Guest

Palin is a moron. The fact that people waited in lines for hours to meet her is embarrassing. It further backs up my idea that humans are pathetic creatures.

Sara Palin might be an idiot but she is HOT AS HELL!!! The things that I would do to serve my country!!!!!

ccbatson Guest

Way too early in the process to guess the GOP nominee...fun to watch the road to the white house given that Obama is not getting a second term.

Blarf Guest

Palin is certainly bangable, but she seems like the type who would only have sex to pro-create, so she might not be much fun.

I say, "Let her talk".
    and debate against some conservative racing her further rightward. That's where the end of the plank that they're walking exists.

You go, girl! Don't stop! You can complete the journey to your destiny!
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-19-09 at 10:57 PM.

"Here in Alaska, we don't have hardly any black people, I never talk to them, so I was
    surprised that a black girl beat me in the 1984 Miss Alaska pageant" [[1988)
    -Maybe she moved to New Orleans

In my shear shock and disbelief, I misread my source. I have left the quote I have seen to be verified. I have removed the remaining quotes, which appeared to be from other Right-Wing Politicians/Talking Heads that have been attributed to Ms. Palin. I will keep looking.
    Last edited by d.mcc; November-20-09 at 07:40 PM.

Whoa. Where did those quotes come from?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast