Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: h1n1 shot

Default h1n1 shot

I just got h1n1 shot today.

I got the shot, because they give the dead virus. I have heard that the spray gives you the weakened live virus and you can be contagious for 5-7 days. I can't remember where I read it now, though. This site mentions being contagious, possibly, for 3 weeks.
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2205843/h1n1_flumist_the_nasal_spra~~~hat_keeps.html?cat=7 0

keep in mind that you will be contagious for as many as 21 days.
    http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/s...pes_of_vaccine

And it remains living [[contagious) for as much as 21 days.
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Swine-Flu-...cts&id=3222633

I weighed the risks and decided to get the shot. There were no lines or anything. We got in and out in 10 minutes.

Anybody else gotten it yet?
    Last edited by LeannaM; November-18-09 at 06:29 PM.

Won't.

Ever.

Only shot I'm getting is bourbon.

From the FluMist article on Snopes [[Status: Undetermined):
    ... Flu shots are made from killed flu viruses and are suitable for anyone 6 months or older. FluMist is made from a weakened live virus, so it isn't deemed safe for people with chronic medical problems or weak immune systems. For this reason, the Food and Drug Administration [[FDA) approved FluMist only for healthy 2- to 49-year-olds. Those under two years of age or over forty-nine must continue to make do with the injected vaccine, as must those who have other health problems.

But even for the healthy 2- to 49-year-olds, the spray vaccine poses a risk, if not to them, then to those they come into contact with. In a few rare instances, those who receive this live vaccine will as a consequence spread it to others, so FluMist isn't recommended for people who take care of those with severely compromised immune systems who are being tended in protective environments. However, the CDC says: "People who have contact with others with lesser degrees of immunosuppression [[for example, people with diabetes, people with asthma taking corticosteroids, or people infected with HIV) can get LAIV [[FluMist)."

The live virus can be transmitted to others by way of coughing, sneezing, or talking, or via a fomite, an item touched by someone who has the virus. [[Common cold, flu, and stomach viruses can live on the fingertips for hours, and they can survive on the surfaces of objects for days.) However, says the CDC: "Because the viruses are weakened, infection is unlikely to result in influenza illness symptoms since the vaccine viruses have not been shown to mutate into typical or naturally occurring influenza viruses.

ccbatson Guest

Flumist does use weakened virus, not dead. Theoretically possible to transmit from the vaccination but never reported to have happened with any such vaccination in the past. The shot has a very small, but real, risk of neurologic side effects [[AIDP) that were disproportionately high with the swine flu vaccination of the 70s...still very rare.

My recommendation? between age 2-49 without contraindications---mist. Availability could tip the choice the other way as well.

I've done quite a bit of reading about vaccines lately.

Biggest story is the fact that there is NO proof any vaccine has ever worked.

Most [[independent, NON FDA) data analysis shows they do the opposite of what they intend. [[publicly)

Utter foolishness.

Polio vaccine didn't work? The TB vaccine didn't work?

In my learning my family tree, one family had 6 of 9 offspring die from TB over a 30 year period. Not in some sort of flash epidemic where doctors couldn't do anything, just a grinding and ever present risk. And not when all these offspring were all living under the same roof.

Vaccine's do work, but that said, I will not get a flu shot because I think other people are more at risk and that some people should step aside and allow others the cure.

yeah, gannon, there sure is a huge smallpox problem these days

Those are two that resemble very closely [[if not exactly) the symptoms of current diseases with different names. It is too early for me now, but I'll drink some coffee and start your education on how the wool has been dragged over your eyes.

Vaccines do not work. Period.

Directly challenging your immune system via injection [[skipping the usual front line and backup defenses of the body) is such a bad idea, and the other stuff that gets into the mix is just too strange for words.

I'll get on with my proof, it may take a day. Won't be pretty, and will ignite another excrement-storm, but I guess it needs to be shared to those who choose to not seek it out.

It is not hard to find doubters, less hard to find the provers [[as long as you get there before the heavy-hand of the liars and conspirators at the FDA).

Cheers anyways...

Sorry, three...I didn't see Rb's post.

So...

Polio

Tuberculosis

Smallpox

Proofs either way, on the way.

Got it. Working on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by LeannaM View Post
    Anybody else gotten it yet?
    Yeah...everyone at Goldman Sachs...

WHat are you going to do - cite quack-of-the-decade Andrew Moulden? the guy who says all disease is cause by the clumping of white blood cells, which is caused by vaccine injections? the guy who claims he can pre-diagnose SIDS [[for a fee) just by seeing uploaded pictures and/or video?

I'm still waiting for those riots you said would happen.

Gnome, I think folks of our generation still have enough immunity from when the last bout of Swine Flu was out in the 1980s. It's mainly the youngin's and suppressed immunity folks who have to worry.

Thanks for that, Sturge.

I am as puzzled as you, going in for a gut calibration soon.

I said at the time I would be HAPPY if it didn't happen.

Such is the fate of those who make even educated guesses over future events...and they are ALL guesses.

Goes to the misunderstanding of prophecy, I'd guess, even though I specifically do NOT consider myself one, but a prophecy is a WARNING of potential future events if certain things are not chosen now...eventualities that will occur if things are let to run their course.

What I saw were the trends, and the eagerness of the government to test out that EM directed-beam weapon on masses of citizens...and the economic pressures on those under the poverty line.

So...again, I am happy the riots didn't happen. Doesn't mean they aren't still percolating. But is MAY mean the forces of peace and love still have the upper hand, no matter what those in power wish to effect upon us.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by sturge View Post
    I'm still waiting for those riots you said would happen.
    Me, too. I need a new flat-screen wall TV, and the looting should provide plenty of good opportunities.

Hopefully everybody is sensible enough to not actually take any advice related to their health or well-being from the Non Detroit section of DetroitYes. Please.

damn, and i was going to start a do-your-own vasectomy thread

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I didn't say anything about giving medical advice.

ccbatson Guest

TB vaccine? Umm, no, that one didn't work. Otherwise, not a bad point.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    ...with expert commentary from Loreena Bobbitt, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    TB vaccine? Umm, no, that one didn't work. Otherwise, not a bad point.
    It didn't? How curious. Then what caused the decreas in number of TB cases?

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    It didn't? How curious. Then what caused the decreas in number of TB cases?

there hasn't. the bacille Calmette-Guerin [[BCG) vaccine is effective in preventing miliary [[characterized by millet seed like dots on the lungs) and meningeal TB in young people, but there isn't good evidence that it is effective against adult pulmonary TB, which is the most common form

I got distracted by something WAY more important that mere vaccines yesterday, sorry.

The gist of my understanding goes like this...the improvement in our health is more to do with the increase in sanitary conditions and safe water supply than anything else.

The statistics, the REAL numbers [[not doctored ones, pardon the inadvertent pun), show that no vaccine works. Period.

They do more harm than good.

IF there is any localized positive effect, it is due that wonderfully active and always mysterious PLACEBO EFFECT. If you think you'll not get sick, there is a great likelihood you won't. If a shot gets you to that point mentally, so be it.

I can make my own placebos, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    The gist of my understanding goes like this...the improvement in our health is more to do with the increase in sanitary conditions and safe water supply than anything else.
    that has been good for things like dysentery and cholera. did nothing for polio or any of the "pox" diseases

The statistics, the REAL numbers [[not doctored ones, pardon the inadvertent pun), show that no vaccine works. Period.

They do more harm than good.
    sorry, what is your source? why do you trust it? the only place I've ever seen that claim also extolled the vistues of "medicines" that were dilluted to 1 part in a trillion - in otherwords, essentially nothing but distilled water

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast