Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Protest the ALPACT Dinner-Thurs., Nov. 19, 5 PM

DEMAND:
    Justice for Imam Luqman Ameen Abdullah – Independent investigation into his death
    Free the Detroit 10 [[Muslim prisoners of FBI frame-up)
    End the ICE raids and deportations
    Free Mumia Abu Jamal, Leonard Peltier, the Cuban 5 and all political prisoners
    Stop racist profiling, harassment and police killings

Protest
    Thursday – Nov. 19th – 5 PM
    Renaissance Ctr. - E. Jefferson at Randolph - Detroit

crawford Guest

Why is cop-killer Mumia not executed yet? What's taking so long?

Before anyone goes to protest, I'd recommend they first read the Criminal Complaint that was filed by the FBI in US District Court against Mr. Luqman Ameen Abdullah and the other ten defendants.

Following that, I'd suggest reading this viewpoint from one of the Canadian newspapers:

These arrests aren't about terrorism - yet
    by Christie Blatchford - Toronto Globe and Mail
    October 30, 2009

Imam my arse: The late Luqman Ameen Abdullah was a convicted criminal [[felonious assault and carrying a concealed weapon), born and raised in Detroit, who is better known as Christopher Thomas.

Mosque my arse: The Masjid Al-Haqq belonged to a group that called itself "Ummah" which was founded and headed by Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin, also known as H. Rapp Brown, the former Black Panther who is currently serving a life sentence for shooting two police officers.

And no one on the poor, black, west side of Detroit, where the Al-Haqq was based, or anyone at the Muslim Alliance in North America [[MANA), a newish national network of masjids, where Imam Luqman sat on the organization's governing shura, had the faintest idea what was going on. Of course. No one ever does. [continue reading the rest]

I'm the "live and let live" type, but I'll make an exception with cop killers and criminals who don't take responsibility for their actions and hide behind a religion.
    Last edited by kathy2trips; November-17-09 at 11:00 PM. Reason: second thought

Default This ain't Mississippi

Please, good citizens, let's put the hoods and rope away-at least until after the trial.

^Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

let's put the hoods and rope away-at least until after the trial
    Who said anything about ropes and hoods - besides yourself?

I'm simply advocating that before people start protesting and making demands, they should do some outside reading so they can make an informed opinion as to the strength/weakness of the government's case against the defendants.

Maybe the protests and demands should be put on hold - at least until after the trial?

Quote Originally Posted by crawford View Post
    Why is cop-killer Mumia not executed yet? What's taking so long?
    can you say "political frame-up"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    I'm simply advocating that before people start protesting and making demands, they should do some outside reading so they can make an informed opinion as to the strength/weakness of the government's case against the defendants.
    When has ANYONE in this country done any outside reading regarding anything in the last 8 years?

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeabilly View Post
    DEMAND:
    Justice for Imam Luqman Ameen Abdullah – Independent investigation into his death
    Free the Detroit 10 [[Muslim prisoners of FBI frame-up)
    End the ICE raids and deportations
    Free Mumia Abu Jamal, Leonard Peltier, the Cuban 5 and all political prisoners
    Stop racist profiling, harassment and police killings

Protest
    Thursday – Nov. 19th – 5 PM
    Renaissance Ctr. - E. Jefferson at Randolph - Detroit
    What is ALPACT, and how does protesting their dinner help with all these disparate causes? Is this ALPACT somehow responsible for all the above injustices? What is the connection?

http://www.regonline.com/checkin.asp?eventid=780863

ALPACT is not involved at all with any of those criminals. ALPACT stands for Advocates and Leaders for Police and Community Trust.

Co-Chairs for the ALPACT [[Advocates and Leaders for Police & Community Trust) Event, are Andy Arena, head of the FBI Detroit and Attorney Nabih Ayad.

The keynote Speaker and awards recipient will be United States Attorney General Eric Holder, along with Deputy Director of the FBI. The award recipients will be Reverend Wendal Anthony, President of the NAACP Detroit for the Civil Rights side and the late FBI Special Agent Paul Sorce, who gave his life in the line of duty. We also are awarding a Young Ambassador Award to Bethanie Schwartz, a young outstanding individual who works closely with ADL on matters of civil and international rights. Expected attendees will include the Governor, US Senators, Congress Representatives along with numerous heads of state and dignitaries along with organizations and individuals from the business community.

The obvious benefit and unique position of this ALPACT is that there are literally over 100 organizations in a single room for a common cause. As an example, the Crime Stoppers' Director attends all of our monthly Alpact Meetings and is very involved. In fact, just last week Crime Stoppers awarded and honored Andy Arena.
    http://arabdetroit.com/events.php?id=1204

What Ridgebilly is proposing, is to have other like-minded citizens show up and protest this awards banquet. I'd show up, but I have to shampoo my hair. Keep in mind, Mr. Ridgebilly was the brain-trust behind those very effective protests in front of the BlueCrossBlueSheild HQ.

One can surmise that Mr. Ridgebilly is a professional crank, and is best ignored.

Yep. Don't rise to the bait.

Thanks, friends