Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit: Forgotten City

Did anyone see this Fox 2 report Sunday morning? I thought it was terribly sad. It was about that lady who lived on Robinwood who died and was left in the morgue for months. I thought Brad Edwards did a terrific job. One of the better reporters in this area, if you ask me.

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Did anyone see this Fox 2 report Sunday morning? I thought it was terribly sad. It was about that lady who lived on Robinwood who died and was left in the morgue for months. I thought Brad Edwards did a terrific job. One of the better reporters in this area, if you ask me.

Stromberg2
    Are they still milking that story? Didn't the lady die like a year ago already?

Speaking of forgotten, you forgot the story from four years ago.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/4895778/detail.html

I saw it. It was a 30 minute follow-up piece. And, it wasn't only about Marabel. Here's the link in case anyone is interested.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/generic/...-center-091112

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Are they still milking that story? Didn't the lady die like a year ago already?
    Yeah, but that's kind of the point. These are the invisible people. Some by their own choice. But in a city that so easily and readily dismisses whole blocks, it's all too common. Someone, SOMEONE, must speak for them and about them and let their stories be the burr in someone's saddle to make change happen.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalG313 View Post
    I saw it. It was a 30 minute follow-up piece. And, it wasn't only about Marabel. Here's the link in case anyone is interested.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/generic/...-center-091112
    That narrator likes his alliteration a little too much.

When I look into the lines of the face of that 80 year old woman I see my mother's face, and it makes me sad.

I mean, she's not really my mother, and I know from watching the video the woman was difficult or worse, but I look at the picture of her with her hair done as neatly as she could, and wearing clothes that showed some pride and dignity, and think about her dying in her house with no heat, probably of pneumonia, well, it's sad.
    Last edited by RickBeall; November-17-09 at 09:49 PM.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    That narrator likes his alliteration a little too much.
    I don't like Brad Edwards at all.

I adopt lonely people all the time. It is sad when people have no family to look after them. Mostly I call daily or look in to see if they take their medicine, have food to eat, arrange for meals on wheels etc. Sometimes I refer people to my pastor. It is not too hard to look out for solitary old folks. Life is short and should be treated with some dignity.