Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Puggles

Default Puggles

Does any one own the desigenrer mutt known as a puggle? My spouse and I have owned a third hand pooch for about four years. Do not know how old he is but he is sweet tempered as can be. My joke is that I have never seen anybody not smile when they see him.

Owners, please chime in.

Does he look like this?

Attachment 513
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-10-09 at 01:47 PM.

Thanks Bigb! Now I'll be sure to have nightmares!

Where do you find those photos? Hilarious! Actually, the post was started by my husband. I had to prove that if he posts, it comes up under my name. Thank God he didn't know that on April 1st, he could have had a field day with my reputation on the board.

We really do enjoy our mutt. Like Ron says, to look at him makes you laugh. In the car he sits on the back window ledge like a live boble head. His favorite pastimes are eating and sleeping. He used to be trim and svelt. My mother cured that with over feeding him so now he looks more like a Vietnamese pig. He loves to play with other dogs. Strangely, he is an alpha male. We've watched him play with Shepards, Boxers, Malamutes and Pit Bulls. They all accept his dominanance despite his lack of size.

Pugs have a tendency to run to fat. They love food more than anything, except their owners. My daughter, who lives near Denver, has a full-blooded Pug named Mighty Miles High, and she has to keep him on a strict diet or he'll blow up like a balloon. He was her only baby until my granddaughter was born a little over a year ago, and now he has to share. But if the baby has food and is waving it in his face, he will not touch it. He knows better than to take her food or toys,and he lets her push him around in a laundry basket.

Actually, the post was started by my husband. I had to prove that if he posts, it comes up under my name.
    You guys will have to start a post with Sumas or Sumas II. Not that we would know any better.

Mr. Sumas might be funny on a variety of levels. I never took my husbands name so over the years we get alot of Xmas cards and invites to Mr. & Mrs. [[my name).

I see that you might attend the DYes picnic. Perhaps we will meet. I wonder if the picnic is dog friendly? A few years back, a cousin had a hugh outdoor picnic and dogs were welcome but everone were to told to leash their dogs. When we arrived there were easily 15 dogs free ranging the property. Puggles love to eat and soon Putz had a routine down. He would run the length of the kids buffet table looking for dropped food [[there was plenty) hit up the old ladies who thought he was cute and would feed him off their plate, check in with us, check out the grills for more dropped food then repeat his pattern