Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Tiger Stadium on Masthead

Why do we have to be reminded of the doomed Tiger Stadium every time we come to DY? I thought this was DETROITYES? Get rid of the Tiger Stadium masthead.

Well,, lemme try this again, slowly now:
    F L A G or B A N N E R . . . not masthead.
    Yeah, more than a wee bit nitpicky, but it really does hurt my eyes, OK? And y'all oughta care about that.

So don't make me say this again, or I may have to go all snarky on your jargon-impaired selves.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Well,, lemme try this again, slowly now:
    F L A G or B A N N E R . . . not masthead.
    Yeah, more than a wee bit nitpicky, but it really does hurt my eyes, OK? And y'all oughta care about that.

So don't make me say this again, or I may have to go all snarky on your jargon-impaired selves.
    Okay, so masthead, flag or banner, I don't care. It can be a headline if you like. You guys quarrel about what it's called and I'll just keep saying - get rid of it. I don't need any more reminders of one of the most heart-breaking losses in my life. Any connections I may have had left for the Tigers, and they were IFFY at best, are now completely gone. My loyalty is now with the Cubbies and Red Sox. In large part because they respect their traditions by not building ugly, new stadiums and abandoning their old ones to ruthless, selfish billionaires.