Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Oh Martha, have you finally lost it?

Or is she just enjoying her lame duck status to say whatever pops in her pretty little head? She wants to ban "vulgar lyrics that are being put in children's minds today."

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/d...php?blogid=373

While I'm no fan of some of what passes for pop music these days, there's this little thing called the First Amendment...

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    While I'm no fan of some of what passes for pop music these days, there's this little thing called the First Amendment...
    Don't you know, that when they talk about "The Nine" all the time, they are referring to the Detroit City Council, not the US Supreme court. Fun little fact of the day

"Later Tuesday, during a debate about whether to require topless dancers to wear pasties, Reeves said the city should up the ante even further and require them to wear bras."

HUH??? topless dancers wearing bras????

That is so dumb. What they want the dancers to wear are "tops". Like in New York City. Saying you want dancers to wear bras shows just how completely they don't understand exotic dancing. Would you ask somebody to put Fruit-of-the-Loom briefs on Michelangelo's David?

... if David was in Detroit instead of Rome, I wouldn't totally put it past Ms. Martha.

detroitchef Guest

David would never make it up. Betcha the 'MoTown Legends' statues she wanted to put up would have been sporting skivvies though.

mrrichard Guest

they ban vulgar words on this site
    whats the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by mrrichard View Post
    they ban vulgar words on this site
    whats the difference?
    That was a decision made by the owner of this site. Not the government. The owner of the site is free to censor any thing he pleases.

If the topless bars want to self censor they are free to do so. Unfortunately I think it would completely invalidate their reason for being.

There's a huge difference between a site owner censoring his site and the government forcing censorship.