Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Tiger Stadium demo, Heidelberg Project and Dequindre Cut pics

Here's some pictures I took about month ago that I'd like to share.

Attachment 3847

Attachment 3848

Attachment 3849

Attachment 3850

Attachment 3851

Hahaha!

Victimized a Saab 96.

Scavenged this topic from the deep end of the forum, instead of opening a new one.

I was reading the Wiki page of Tiger Stadium. There is one picture of the demo in progress and one thing caught my eye. I'm not American so bear with me. But why is Old Glory flying in top while the demo is going on? Is that a custom? Shouldn't it have been flown half-mast?

Just a question from a foreigner.
    This picture.

Bigger version.

Wow, I've not gone to see Tyree Heidelberg set up in years. I need to go do that!

Ahh the the Heidelberg project. Blight at it's finest!

I had a chance to meet Tyree Guyton, and he is one of the most arrogant and racist assholes I've ever met! Sorry, polka dots and doors nailed together isn't art. I applaud his ability to sell his work, he definitely sold sand in the desert. I wonder how much Wayne State paid for his "artwork" next to the Welcome Center. Hmmm...

-Tahleel

Nice shots. I'm not a big fan of the Heidelberg either. I always say it looks like a tornado hit the Gibraltar Trade Center and all the debris landed on one house.

That's the old flag pole that was in center field.
    I am surprised that it wasn't taken down prior to demo though.