Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Resale shopping

Default Resale shopping

I love to resale shop. My current favorite is the Unitarian Church Annex in GP on St Claire and Maumee. Other suggestions anyone?

Default Resale

There's a wonderful resale shop in St. Clair Shores. It's called Persnickity's...they carry .women's clothes in all sizes, shoes and accessories. They are located on Greater Mack and 9 mile. For Plus-Sized women there's Big Girls Do..it's on Van Dyke a few blocks before you get to six mile if you're going north on Van Dyke. They carry sizes 14 and up. They carry a lot of designer labels but the prices are mostly under $10.00. At the Samaritan Center on Conner between E. Warren and Shoemaker Jacket's for Jobs has a great resale shop a lot of the of the clothing is new and cost around $5.00..they have both men and women's clothing...they also accept donations [[mostly women's business clothes). The donations are given to women who need something to wear on a job interview. They also provide complete outfits for women starting a new job who are unable to purchase clothing. It's a wonderful organization.
    Last edited by EastsideQT; December-05-09 at 01:30 AM.

Jackets for Jobs sounds like a place I should check out. Recently I cleaned closets and donated tons of business attire to Purple Heart. I wish I had known about a permanent location that clothes women for re entry to the work place.

Not to worry though, family, church members and friends seem to have me on their list for gently used clothes. Why? I am not sure. Last year a wealthy church member died and her relative gave me her very expensive shoes, mostly Feragamo [[sp). Everything was boxed and had original price tags, none under $200. I calculate I got $20,000 worth of shoes in mint condition. I kept a few, gave some away and took the rest to St Vincent De Pauls. I went there a few weeks later to buy some books and they were all sold.

At Thanksgiving my niece promised me bags and bags of clothes she no longer wears. My sister in law's sister gives me her clothes too [[mostly business attire) she is an attorney and needs to update her wardrobe constantly. The list goes on and on.

I have a gardening business, all I generally need is jeans, T's and sweatshirts.