Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

DetroitDad Guest

Default BANG BOOM Downtown?

I was dancing with my daughter, trying to keep her entertained in our Downtown apartment and suddenly we heard a big BOOM out towards Campus Martius. Looking out the window, I can see a huge grey cloud that appears to be dissipating. Anyone know what that was? My first thought was Lafayette Building Demo, but it is kind of late for them to be working on that, isn't it? DetroitMom thought maybe it was a movie shoot again, because of all the trailers in the area.

i'm pretty sure it was red dawn check the lower post about road closings for friday and bus detours

Hey! Did anyone else besides me hear a gigantic BOOM at 4:45 this morning?? I live on Lafayette at Chene, so it may have been downtown......Red Dawn shooting, possibly, then?

I think this photo explains the loud BOOM.

http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.d...&MaxW=800&q=50