Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default RNC leadership going into 2010

How well is the RNC leadership conducting business?

Steele: Some White Republicans Scared of Me

- FOXNews.com, November 11, 2009 -->http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...licans-scared/

During a weekend appearance on TV One's "Washington Watch," RNC Chairman Michael Steele agreed with an assertion made by the show's black host, Roland Martin, that "white Republicans are scared of black folks."

Republican National Chairman Michael Steele says some white Republicans are scared of him because he's black. During a weekend appearance on cable TV One's "Washington Watch," Steele agreed with an assertion made by the show's black host, Roland Martin, that "white Republicans are scared of black folks."

"You're absolutely right. I mean I've been in the room and they've been scared of me and I'm like, 'I'm on your side,' so I can imagine going out there talking to someone like you," he said, referring to Martin's liberal credentials.

Click here to watch the exchange.

The comments were the latest provocative remarks made by Steele since he became the head of the RNC earlier this year. He has landed in hot water for comments on abortion and how to appeal to minority voters. He also had to back off of criticism of conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh, whom he called an "entertainer" who uses "incendiary" and "ugly" rhetoric.

On Sunday, Steele went on to say that the successful gubernatorial campaigns of Chris Christie in New Jersey and Bob McDonnell in Virginia opened a door for race relations "because they went in and engaged," noting that Sheila Johnson, the billionaire co-founder of BET worked on McDonnell's team. "That was a big deal and that's because he engaged her and she helped navigate him through that relationship," he said.

On Wednesday, Veterans Day, no one was available at the RNC for comment to FoxNews.com about Steele's remarks.

ccbatson Guest

One guy's opinion [[Michael Steele)..and taken out of context...liberal propaganda to make this a story.

I sure hope Mr. Steele let Rush Limbaugh vet his comments before he made them to the press. Otherwise, the leaders of his party might have to strip him of his "chairmanship". Doesn't he know the GOP is a Big Tent?

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    One guy's opinion [[Michael Steele)..and taken out of context...liberal propaganda to make this a story.
    Liberal Propaganda courtesy of the FoxNews organization now? Have the pigs from the cold frozen part of hell flown over?

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    I sure hope Mr. Steele let Rush Limbaugh vet his comments before he made them to the press. Otherwise, the leaders of his party might have to strip him of his "chairmanship". Doesn't he know the GOP is a Big Tent?
    Yep. A big tent full of small minded clowns.

This guy could simply be paranoid around a bunch of old white guys.

I can see how the setting could be creepy

ccbatson Guest

Not Fox...you for posting it here and out of context.

The Republicans have leadership?

Who is it? Steele? Limbaugh? Palin?

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    This guy could simply be paranoid around a bunch of old white guys.

I can see how the setting could be creepy
    This is an interesting flip on the premise that [[some) caucasians fear Steele. In the clip Steele is incredulous and almost apologetic regarding the [[alleged) fact. Also, some fear those they respect.

Not Fox...you for posting it here and out of context.
    I didn't post anything

you for posting it here and out of context.
    Out of context? You wing nuts constantly mock center/left folks whenever they use that argument.[[kind of like the victim card) It's funny, lately you and your ilk have monopolized them.

ccbatson Guest

"You" meaning liberal posters on Dyes.

Having trouble refuting my post Bats?

ccbatson Guest

When have I made the allegation of being taken out of context without precisely describing how? Never.

How long will Mr. Steele last in this role? Who will replace him?