Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Anybody Want to Own a Firetruck?

http://www.govbids.com/scripts/surpl...tl.asp?id=6368

The current bid is $1525.00, with 12 days to go.

Attachment 3790

You know how web searches lead to one thing and then another... well this time I ended on a web site that auctions stuff for local governments. Copies, fax machines, shelves ... stuff.

This firetruck has 23,000 miles and for some reason Rochester Hills is selling it on auction with no reserve. A reserve price is the minimum price someone will sell something for. For example, you have an original Van Gogh that is cluttering up your sewing room, but you want at least $50 bucks for it, well you put that in the bid specs.

I guess Rochester Hills either doesn't need any money or they are praying a whole bunch of people are in need of a firetruck and the bidding will get crazy.

Personally, I could stand a new ride.

A link to other vehicles for auction on that site. Need a old cop car? Here's your place:
    http://www.govbids.com/scripts/surpl...+%2D+All+Types

Main url for Michigan Government auctions.
    http://www.govbids.com/scripts/surpl...ault.asp?pid=1
    Last edited by gnome; November-12-10 at 02:15 PM.

Heh, heh, heh! Well, they'd have to paint it red before I'd bid on it.......

It's probably worth 10k for scrap. Lots of bronze and stainless.

I once had a chance to buy a 1927 Seagrave firetruck. Engine block as big as a VW Bug, wooden steering wheel about 30" around and going straight down between the driver's legs, three shift levers that went down the outside of the driver compartment and directly into the transmission from the side...it was beautiful.

Didn't have the money, unfortunately, and couldn't think of what I could do with it if I got it. But still I wonder...

I blew up the photo above to 10x. How come the brand name is Tonka?

I want it, It,s better then my Ford Ranger and bigger with lots of working lights. Betcha the city would hate me cause its too big for my drive, So I would have to leave it on the street. Would have to paint it RED like Ray said.