Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Veteran's day

Default Veteran's day

REMEMBERING / VETERANS DAY

Just a Thank You to all our area veterans, from my husband [[ 4 year Navy Vet )and myself. We appreciate your sacrifices in service to our country, and we have not forgotten.

Thank you for reminding me, we have a flag to deliver to a friend. I have never served in the military, I have great respect for those that do. May God bless our sons and daughters who serve.

Thanks for the remembrance...that really means alot to people like me to have been fortunate enough to have been somewhere hostile and yet still know that there are others that will never come home, or thos of us who have to continue fighting our own personal wars long after we have rotated out of theater.

May we never forget the sacrifices given for our freedom. Thank you to all the military men and women: past, present, and future.
    In Memory of Corporal Richard Livingston, 1st Coast Artillery Regiment, US Army. Awarded the Purple Heart, Killed in Action, August 28, 1944, Buried Epinal, France. Son of Arthur & Eloise Livingston, Detroit, Michigan

Greetings to all motorcity vets from fratman[[formerly ditman). I am ex-Navy Jan 67-Oct 70. Boot camp-Great Lakes Jan-March 67[[VERY cold). April 67-April 68 U S Naval Station, Adak, Alaska[[it's part of the Aleutian Islands chain). Then USS Coral Sea-CVA 43 May 68-Oct 70. I was in Alaska when the 67 riots broke out & my parents sent me copies of the Detroit News. Fortunately our house on the nwest side[[Fenkell/Meyers area) only had paint thown on the backside-no other damage. My sincerest best wishes to all vets-have a great day

Thank you veterans for your service.

Sitting here looking at both my father's service picture [[ 49th Service Squadron, 5th Army Air Force) and my father-in-law's [[USS Indiana BB-58). Both gone ,but always in our thoughts.

Thanks.
    Vietnam Vet 1968