Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default beserk gunmen of the day 11.10.09

Our national plague continues and drifts towards the back pages of the media:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/11/us...ef=todayspaper

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091111/...kdown_new_york

2 stories out of 300 million people. I'd call that a success.

The one guy shot up a drug lab, probably a drug problem.

The second guy was just a whacko freaking out because his kid is in Iraq, and could have committed the same incident with a knife.

Gun problem? No

I hadn't heard about the New York one yet. Everybody has problems, why do so many think a gun is the way to solve them? You either wind up dead or in jail. Great solution.

ccbatson Guest

Libs are pointing to these isolated instances to dilute the FACT that Fort Hood was a terrorist act.

But I thought the clouds were going to part and rainbows would glow and all the terrorist nut jobs were going to sing kumbaya once Obama was elected.....

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    But I thought the clouds were going to part and rainbows would glow and all the terrorist nut jobs were going to sing kumbaya once Obama was elected.....
    That happened... you must not have seen it through your hood. It was on a Tuesday sometime in March, punch was served, it was quite lovely actually. Too bad you couldn't get out of that meeting

Has there been any evidence released to support that statement?

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Libs are pointing to these isolated instances to dilute the FACT that Fort Hood was a terrorist act.

I don't think it was an act of terrorism. I think it was a man somewhat true to his lineage and faith who was probably proud to be an American citizen as well. Probably had some questions about his own sanity, hence his interest in psychology. It was a deadly cocktail of not really knowing where he stood in the American/Arab tension, and not believing himself very stable. Then when he was asked to be deployed to his family's native region, he snapped.

That's my guess, and it probably isn't far off.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; November-12-09 at 09:43 AM.

ccbatson Guest

Fulfills every element of the definition of terrorism completely.

Freaky you picked November 10, 2009 as the day of Beserk Gunman because thats the day John Allen Muhammad was executed for his role in the Washington, DC Beltway shootings.

ccbatson Guest

How is it NOT terrorism? That maybe a good way of thinking about it.