Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Does Anybody Really Know What

Please disregard, I don't read so well these days.
    Last edited by Mackenzie68; November-09-09 at 11:44 PM.

None of us Mackenzie grads seem to, '68.

No, I know I don't

Does Anybody Really Know What ...
    Time It Is? Chicago? The Official U.S. Time

17:27:52...oops, 53....oops, 54.....oops...55........awk.........

I was reading the Lafayette Coney Island thread and misread the time on it. This addled brain thought I saw a "yesterday" timestamp on it when it was still Monday. By the time I started to post, it was no longer an issue.

But this is much more fun. Twenty-five or sit to four?

8, 9, 10, 10 to 2, you know what I'm gonna do...

It's Howdy Doody Time!

Attachment 3789
    Last edited by eriedearie; December-24-09 at 02:18 PM.

It is 4:20 somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Corn.Bot View Post
    It is 4:20 somewhere...
    Hell, that's close enough to 5. Let's have a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Hell, that's close enough to 5. Let's have a drink.
    Is the sun over the yardarm yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Is the sun over the yardarm yet?
    As the thread topic states, "Does anybody really know what" -- now I know to what it refers.

"Does anybody really know what all that sailor talk means????"

The yardarm is the horizontal beam on that crosses the mast on a square rigger. When the sun was over the top, it was over the yardarm, and late enough for the officers to drink. Usually about 11 am in the North Atlantic.
    Too many tales of sea when I was a kid

Captain Smith, despite his misadventure on the Titanic, was a highly respected sea captain.

Before every voyage, he would be seen going into his personal safe in his quarters, taking out a slip of paper, reading it, and placing it back in the safe. He never failed to do this on each and every voyage.

When the French expedition to the Titanic in 1992 retreived the safe from his cabin, all seafaring men held their breaths when the safe was finally opened and the slip of paper brought out. It said:

"Port is left. Starboard is right".

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    It's Howdy Doody Time!

Attachment 3789
    Howdy has a new home in the DIA's S Court between the old building and the S annex where video flag x used to be.

Does anybody really care? If so I can't imagine why, we've all got time enough to cry.

If so I can't imagine why

We've all got time enough to die

Time, time, time,
    See what's become of me
    As I looked around for
    My possibilities

Chicken butt?

I was so hard to please

Default I mean it this time

It is 11:24 pm on Saturday, November 14 according to Comcast and my computer.

All the threads on Discuss and Connect say they are from yesterday, [[or older).

No chemical being abused here, and this is the same thing I saw happen when I stared this goofy thread.

..... And I reloaded, and they are all smirking and saying today again. Sigh. Perhaps I need to find soe chemicals.
    Last edited by Mackenzie68; November-14-09 at 11:29 PM. Reason: confusion

Alice
    I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!

Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie68 View Post
    It is 11:24 pm on Saturday, November 14 according to Comcast and my computer.

All the threads on Discuss and Connect say they are from yesterday, [[or older).

No chemical being abused here, and this is the same thing I saw happen when I stared this goofy thread.

..... And I reloaded, and they are all smirking and saying today again. Sigh. Perhaps I need to find soe chemicals.
    Try cleaning your internet cache. If you're using IE, go to Tools/Internet Options/Browsing History/Delete
    Make sure the first four items are checked. Hit Delete.
    Also, Go back one page to Browsing History, hit Settings and change the Check for newer versions entry to 'Every time I visit the webpage'. Then hit 'Okay' and 'Okay'

Thanks JCole.
    I use Firefox, I understand about clearing cache but I don't think that is the issue. The same threads, with the same last posting times on them show as "yesterday" at that same time. It happened twice that I saw, both while I was on Discuss while watching the 11:00 news. Two different channels, though and it was on the low-def CRT model over on the buffet. LOL

The Lafayette Coney Island thread was started on Monday, November 9th because that is when the celebrity diners took jjaba's favorite place at the counter. That evening, when I started this thread, was the first time I saw the phenomenon. I knew it wasn't a yesterday thread because it was still November 9, no matter what the Last Post column said.

I am NOT crazy, I'm NOT, I'm NOT. Unless.....I am.

Anyway, I'm thinking that it may relate to the way Lowell reset things for the time change. I don't see the same thing on the several other boards [[yes I DO have a life) I read regularly. Take a look tonight and see.

Or I could be imagining things... And things do come and go so very suddenly here. Wait, that's Dorothy, not Alice. Oriented to place and time? Not so much.

Take a look at the time settings in your User CP under Settings and Options/Edit Options.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast